“Great food, great service, wish it were all nonsmoking”
Review of Hofbrau Steaks

Hofbrau Steaks
Ranked #8 of 37 Restaurants in Porter
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Went here on recommendation from hotel. My wife had smothered chicken, I had grilled chicken. Food was excellent. (We even ordered Key Lime pie to take back to the hotel.) Our waitress was attentive and knowledgeable about menu items (as well as some that weren't listed.) As we were leaving, one of the managers ran out to the parking lot to bring my wife her purse that had been accidentally left in our booth. The only improvement I would recommend is to make the entire restaurant nonsmoking. Even in the nonsmoking section, we could smell the second-hand smoke from the smoking section.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We enjoy their chicken fried steak and their shrimp and catfish plate. Fresh bread is also good. Their service has always been prompt.

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

It looks like a good small town steak house. However, steaks are disappointing. Service is just ok, nothing special.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We eat here often and really enjoy it. The steaks are really good considering this restaurant is in a small town. I would have given an excellent rating, but they allow smoking (have a smoking section) that is literally right next to the non-smoking section so if you get a table on the edge of that you may as well have been sitting with the smokers. The dinner rolls are wonderful!

1  Thank drop121607
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have driven by this restaurant many times and decided to stop in this past Thursday. I had the 19 oz NY strip with sweet potato fries. Food: Fries out of a bag, the first cut of the steak was all fat, steak generally only ok.
Service: Wait staff was lacking. I think if I had been called "sweetie", "darling", "honey" I would have left. The front person refilled my water, another brought me bread
Drive down the road towards the airport and pas this on by.