“Great steaks for a small town”
Review of Hofbrau Steaks

Hofbrau Steaks
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Porter
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We eat here often and really enjoy it. The steaks are really good considering this restaurant is in a small town. I would have given an excellent rating, but they allow smoking (have a smoking section) that is literally right next to the non-smoking section so if you get a table on the edge of that you may as well have been sitting with the smokers. The dinner rolls are wonderful!

1  Thank drop121607

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have driven by this restaurant many times and decided to stop in this past Thursday. I had the 19 oz NY strip with sweet potato fries. Food: Fries out of a bag, the first cut of the steak was all fat, steak generally only ok.
Service: Wait staff was lacking. I think if I had been called "sweetie", "darling", "honey" I would have left. The front person refilled my water, another brought me bread
Drive down the road towards the airport and pas this on by.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was a date night as well a celebrating my wife's 41st birthday. It wasn't that crowded for a Friday night dinner service & we were seated right away. Had a coupon for free appetizers & both were very good. My wife ordererd the Country fried steak with garlic mashed potatos, while I had the teriyaki pinapple chicken with sweet potato fries. Rolls came out soft & was very good with cinnamon butter on it. Our waiter was very good & made this first time experience enjoyable.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We planned a group dinner trying to get all of our family and friends together. I called the GM (James) and he couldnt have been more accommodating to our large group, suggesting the use of his banquet room. Upon arriving they had the room set up for our arrival to our exact number of expected guests. We were greeted upfront by our server, Tammy which consistently checked with everyone as they arrived 1 by 1 to meet any needs that they had. From the point we all arrived (group of 30), we had our drinks immediately and appetizers that were ordered within the 10 minutes following. Our entrees arrived just as promptly. We all know how hard it is to please everyone, however despite whether it was fish, chops or steaks -- all left bragging on the service and the quality of food. We will definitely remember this restaurant in our travels around the Porter area.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went with 8 family members with 2 of them being children. Rolls came out and were so hard and crusty no one could eat them. We all ordered and one child ordered hamburger which was over-cooked, hard as a rock and could not chew. French fries were cold. Adult steak was ordered medium-well and it was served severely raw with blood running all over the plate. Another adult ordered something else and was again overcooked and could not chew so sent it back. Restuarant took off drinks and one childs plate from ticket but after I sent my WHOLE meal back they still charged me $11.00 for it. When I complained the manager (female) said I should be grateful that she took one of the kids meal off and the drinks off. Would not refund my meal so I let them know we would not ever darken their doorsteps again!