“great fried shrimp”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed May 29, 2013

loved the fried shrimp and onion rings. Had an ok salad bar. The stuffed crab was also good. Staff was nice.

1  Thank 4Enterprises

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We never eat out in POC. Limited options, none healthy...we thought until today. Cathy's always has lots of locals and now we know why...

Lunch salad bar $3.99 included fresh veggies, hard boiled eggs, cheese, decent dressing. Full buffet looked good with fried seafood and also gumbo..

I ordered a shrimp cocktail for $6.99 and got about three dozen locally sourced shrimp. Amazing! My husband, a chef, said the gumbo was really good.

We spend lots of time in POC, usually do our own cooking. But we've found good reasonable food at Cathy's and will be back!

1  Thank Doreen W
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We were on a road trip and rolled into town at dinner time to find slim pickings. We saw an ugly building with a parking lot that looked like the whole town was there. We decided to check it out. Inside was packed with people laughing and having a good time. Their plates were piled high with shrimp, oysters, fish. Our waitress was welcoming and helpful. After we settled in with beers served in a bucket of ice, I ordered a fried oyster platter. For about $18 I got a fresh, decent salad bar and so many big, tender, just off the boat oysters I had enough for lunch the next day. My friend had shrimp and flounder ($21?)and said it was well prepared, cooked to that point just past underdone but not dry. The food is fresh and mouth watering, but not fancy. Like coastal home cooking- if your mom was a really good cook. I'll be back.

1  Thank OysterBoat
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We recently ate there two nights in a row. It's unfortunate that the only two fish on menu are flounder and talipia. Here we are on gulf coast and no fresh fish? It is busy, but besides the Mexican restaurant it is the only other one in town. We remember when it was better. Food is fried and greasy. Hope Cathy's can improve before our next trip!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We visit their lunch buffet every time we are in the area. I usually not fond of all-you-can-eat buffets, but the fried shrimp here are always great. I have been told that they have their own shrimp boats. I can't confirm that, but it would explain why their shrimp are so fresh and good. I grew up in a coastal area and am very picky about shrimp! The rest of the buffet is just average, but the shrimp make it great.

1  Thank manshacktx