“Great atmosphere. Can’t beat the location.”

The Neches River Wheelhouse
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Port Neches
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Food was good and the atmosphere is really cool. Service was good. Overall great experience in the Beaumont, Port Neches area!!

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (230)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Five of my sisters-in-law took me here to celebrate my birthday which was in August. We had a lot of fun visiting and enjoying the atmosphere where we sat. One of the girls had the crab cakes and did not care for them so she offered them to the rest of us. I was VERY happy! I usually don't care for them, but THESE were fabulous! I would definitely order those. I ordered the beef tips with mashed potatoes and gravy and it has onion rings in the gravy. I do not like onions but one of the girls ate them and said she really liked them. I was also not happy with the beef tips as they tasted fine with the gravy and mashed potatoes, but were not very meaty. They were grisley and difficult to eat. One of the other girls ordered the Turkey Club sandwich and it was a huge sandwich with a couple of kinds of meat and cheese and lettuce on toast.

The service was good, and pretty quick at getting us our drinks. Prices were not too bad either. They have a lunch menu of about 10 or 12 meals which are $10 and that INCLUDES the drink.

Although I will never order the beef tips again, I may go and try some of the other items on the menu and give it one more chance to impress me.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

The open air atmosphere combined with great food provides a great setting. Have entertained clients on multiple occasions and found the service to be superb!

Reviewed September 2, 2019

I went to the restaurant because I had heard that the food was really good. The food wasn’t the issue. My salad was really good, however I wanted to order a drink other than the frozen ones on the menu. I asked if the bartender could make a martini. Our waitress, Brooke, said yes, a regular martini? I said, make it slightly dirty with just a dash of olive juice or brine. She brought the martini and it had a slightly yellow color and wax so dirty (salty) that I couldn’t drink it. I told her I didn’t like it and could I get something else. She said that the bartender could remake it. I assumed that if they couldn’t make it decent the first time, the next one wouldn’t be any better. I asked if I could just get one of the frozen drinks instead and she said yes, leaving the drink on the table. When the check came, she changed me for both drinks. I asked her about it and she said her manager won’t let them take back a ‘special order’ drink and give another one, they would have to pour out all the alcohol. I told her I had never had a restaurant refuse to replace a drink. You would think if they were going to remake it they would pour it out and start over. She wouldn’t budge on the rule, and had I not been with someone who would be so embarrassed to have attention drawn to us, I would have requested the manager. Needless to say, do not dislike anything on the menu that you order even if it’s not made the way you requested, because you’re stuck with whatever the server delivers. I won’t go back.

Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

Great atmosphere and decor plus watching all the airboats was pretty cool! Server was slow despite them not being busy but she was nice. Portion wise great... but the food was very underwhelming I’m a charbroiled oyster nut and they had no taste at all. The seafood platter fried had no taste either but the French fries were good. Overall won’t be back been there done that but they are not far from being a good destination restaurant..

Date of visit: July 2019