“Needs maintenance and cleaning”

and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Port Lavaca
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Port Lavaca
Ulladulla, Australia
“Needs maintenance and cleaning”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We have stayed in a number of Motel 6 establishments on this trip to the USA. Whilst the majority of Motel 6's maintain a pretty reasonable standard, this one does drop the standards markedly.
The rooms are pretty shabby and whilst air conditioners do operate, they are noisy, their effectiveness is very limited.
Cleaning leaves a bit to be desired also and for the prices charged, one would expect a better standard.
The staff are friendly and appear to make a good effort, but money needs to be spent to improve presentation and comfort.

Room Tip: Until work is done, cleanliness improved and rooms match the rates charged, I would stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Kruzinoldguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Spring
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed at this facility two different times within a three week period of time for a total of 5 days. This certainly isn't the $189 a night La Quinta or the Executive Suites with the most rude desk clerk ever but it was more than adequate for our needs. I had read the reviews and so I was very skeptical but to my surprise it was much better than we had hoped. I talked with Debbie at the front desk and was treated with respect and care. This is an old motel and could use some up dates so our room wasn't lavish but it was clean and quite. The linens were clean and fresh. Because my husband is disabled, we needed a lower level room. The staff went the extra mile to make sure we had what we needed and asked for. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Call the motel directly and ask for Debbie as she consistantly demonstrates professional and courteo...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 12ginger1966
Maine
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I read the reviews and should have paid attention to them. I could have put up with the less than clean room, but there is no excuse for the staff. The cherry on top of the sundae was the little desk clerk looking into my room every thirty minutes to make sure there wasn't someone else in there with me. I had paid for one guest and that was it, just me. I closed the curtains so he knocked on the door. He asked me "Is there anyone else in the room with you?" The second time he asked me, "Are you sure there isn't anyone else in the room with you?" Such an accusation is insulting; Therefore, I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank IdrivealotMaine

Travelers are raving about these Port Lavaca hotels

Louisiana
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We had been on the road ALL day & just needed a clean place to spend the night, preferable next to a restaurant so we didn't have to venture out yet again for dinner. We had tried 2 other hotels & thought not no but heck no! Either they were too expensive or smelled of smoke (and this was supposedly nonsmoking rooms). The Motel 6 was moderately priced, the room was clean, we promptly received the extra towels we asked for & the two gentlemen ( that another reviewer described as rude) at the front desk were friendly & helpful. They helped us with our dinner & breakfast plans. They also helped us to locate what we wanted for lunch the next day which was going to be much further down the road & which I thought was above & beyond their responsibility.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gee2u
Crestview fl
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My husban works out of town an we are all was staying in motels. This motel 6 was the worse place we have ever stayed at!! After driving 11 hours I wanted to check in a place an relaxe no the room at the motel 6 was SO nasty!!! I had to deep clean it be for we un packed are stuff. The bathroom had hair on the tolite floor an bathtub!!! Be hind the tolite on the bottom of the floor an wall it looked like mold!! The frig. an micro. was nasty!!! The pillows was yellow staind as well as the mattress!! The towels had gross stains on them, the tags on them said Holiday in express ( im guessin from the one next door) We caught the house keepers picking up the dirty towel off are floor an hangin them back up insead of giving us clean ones an I guess the house keepers dont know what DND means I had the sighn hang on the door an the would still knock on it! There was rouches. The pool was green we were their for two weeks an I didnt see anyone clean it. I could go on an on but the main thing my husben ordered a new bank card to be sent to the motel we waited two weeks for it the day we checked out he went to the front desk an ask did any mail come for me the woman rudly said NO!!! As my husban turn to walk off the guy standing there said hold on an opended the lid to the trash can an pulled out SOME MAIL!!!! IT WAS ARE BANK CARD WE HAVE BEEN WAITIN FOR! I wanted to call an make a report on them but my ole man was just ready to leave an go home. If your reading this an plainning a trip to Port la vaca I would find another place to stay!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Deannamoorer
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I stayed here with friends. The front desk people were two eastern (perhaps Punjabi) gentlemen (err, far from gentlemen). They both were very rude, and acted as if we were hassling them buy checking in, like we somehow were interrupting them by making them do their job. The room smelled bad, there were roaches, the room seemed barely taken care of. Their beds were hard, and quite uncomfortable. The sheets felt as if they had been starched. This place seems like they do the very least they can, the cheapest they can, and yet they charge an outrageous cost (for the service rendered and the quality of it) I believe we ended up forking out $82. They say "free coffee," and yet they didn't even have that when we left. The two men I spoke of earlier checked us out as well, and they were just as rude that time around. I honestly cannot believe they shame of that location. Only thing like there was their view. That was nice. If you stay here, you might as well just sleep in your car in their parking lot. I would not recommend this to anyone, unless it is the last option available Oh they also claim to have high-speed internet. That is a lie, it never worked.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
6 Thank Sketchtool
edna texas
Reviewed May 31, 2010

we are staying here now.. It says that it has internet access but it will not let you connect to it. Asked for extra towels did not get. Rooms are run down, ref is leaking. Pool closes at 9 pm whats with that. My husband and I work for wal-mart and Sams where we get discounts on our room.. Will write to my home office and tell them about my stay here. Its horrible.. No soap,,,shampoo,,, NOTHING.... Will not ever stay here again and will tell everyone I know not to stay here...HORRIBLE

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
#15 of 23 in Victoria
American Inn & Suites
American Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Port O'Connor

Been to Motel 6 Port Lavaca? Share your experiences!