“Dissappointed”

Description: 361-553-5555
Victoria, Texas
“Dissappointed”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I wanted my first review to be a positive one, but this was not the case. It was a bad sign when we arrived right in the middle of what I thought would be the lunch time, after church rush, and found the place three quarters empty. The service was fine and the waitress was pleasant. However, the food was less than stellar. I had the meatloaf sandwich. The meatloaf itself was fine, but nothing special. I appreciated the small bits of onion and bell pepper, rather than the large chunks I find in other restaurants. However, it was served in a cold, soggy ciabatta bun, which broke apart two bites into the sandwich. My wife ordered the Ultimate Club sandwich. I'm sorry, but this was NOT a club sandwich. This was a regular sandwich on a cold, soggy ciabatta bun. The bacon was not crispy and the ham was probably bought at HEB, and was drowning in mayo. I've had better sandwiches at Subway. My daughters chicken nuggets were nice and crispy, but they were standard microwave fare. The dessert was excellent. We tried the ding dong which salvaged the entire experience. I would figure a place called Texas Traditions would have Texas toast, which would have been great with both our sandwiches.

• Visited July 2013

Lake Jackson, Texas
“Great hometown place”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This place is great. Food is tasty and in good portions. You have to try the Jack Daniel's Pecan Pie or the homemade ding dong.

Visited June 2013
Hockley, Texas
“Eats”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Found prices a little high, but our food was great and so was the staff. Very polite and friendly. They have it very clean and nicely decorated. Texas Traditions sits on main street, which is really quaint cute. It is also very close to the gulf/port where there is a nice little park/marina that we would like to go back and visit. We have eaten at a few other places, but so far this by far has been the best food.

Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas
“Must have been a bad night”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Heard lots of good things about this restaurant, Went in for something a little bit different from what I have been trying out in Port Lavaca. Ordered chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes, mainly because they were out of many of their sides. Steak was tough and couldn't eat more than half of it. Disappointing.

Visited February 2013
Port Lavaca, Texas, United States
“Love Love Love the country food!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The fried pickles were delicious and the country fried steak & mashed potatoes were awesome and homeade :) LOVE this place!

Visited December 2012