“Wonderful Place to Eat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Victoria, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Place to Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

While researching restaurants in Port Lavaca, I came upon the reviews for this one. Given the favorable reviews, we decided to give it a try and are we ever grateful we did. We had lunch there today. The atmosphere was very clean and pleasant, food was fantastic and the service was excellent. The tomato bisque soup was the best I have ever had! There is a wide variety of items on the menu so you can be assured of finding something to please everyone. We will surely go back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank gordond1964

Laredo, Texas
“A Pleasant Discovery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

While exploring the old downtown section of Port Lavaca we saw signs saying chicken fried steak and we speak Texan. So, we decided to give it a try. It was around 10:30 AM on a Saturday and we were the first customers. The owner, Victor Franek, greeted us and explained the menu. We had a very pleasant discussion about his recipies and his family roots.

The decor was very nice and the decorations in the men's room were very interesting.

I had the King Ranch Chicken and my wife had the meatloaf. Both were excellent. I do have to mention that the biscuits were not crisp or flaky as I like them and this is the only less than positive thing I have to say about the meal. We both had water so I can't comment on drink refills.

One of their specialties is the large assortment of homemade pies and cakes. They all looked very good. We tried the apple crumb pie which was delicious but the "ding dong" cake was much too sweet for me and I thought a bit pricey at $6.00, but we did get 4 servings from it.

Overall, this was an excellent find. Prices are in line with what I found at the Blackeye Pea. I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, the decor, and the food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TexasBob_10
Willows, CA
“Dinner at Texas Traditions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Went for more of a steak house type meal......good choices and the meat was excellent, but the seafood options are not as good as at the Bayside.

Visited December 2012
“Pretty regionally reflective but NOT......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Found.Texas Traditionson on trip adviser, looking for good place to eat in area could of had got similar quisine at HARDEES, SONIC, CRACKER BARREL better quality and more of it felt again as though we were paying for the decorations on the walls in the bathroom. And the seating I guess supposed to be reflective of the restauraunts name sake. PERSONNALY ID RATHER HAVE REALLY GOOD TASTING FOOD and enough to fill us SITTING ON A SAWDUST FLOOR fighting off the flies.. The waittress was pretty/sweet but could have been a little more open about not having refills on diet coke that cost 1.75 a can and the tea was INSTANT not a Texas Tradition at all.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas
“Can't agree with other reviews”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

On our trip to Texas Traditions we were greeted by a very friendly and pleasant man. He discussed the specials of the day and took us to our table. The menu is nice and plentiful. We wanted seafood. I asked if the shrimp were fresh and the waitress said no. They buy frozen because gulf shrimp has too much iodine in it.... What? My husband had a hamburger made from a frozen patty and I had chicken fried steak. Not bad but does not live up to other reviews.