“Excellent Establishment”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Port Lavaca
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Excellent Establishment”
Reviewed October 28, 2006

We spent one night here while checking investment properties along the Gulf Coast. We had no idea what to expect but we were very surprised by the BWPL. Very quiet area, very comfortable room and a very friendly staff. I had one of the best nights sleep and the breakfast was basic with a variety of cold cereal, fruit, bagles, muffins, waffles you make yourself and pastries. Internet access was excellent and the room was spacious and clean.

I don't know when we'll be back in the area but if we are, we'll stay here for sure.

• Liked — Clean and reasonably priced
  • Disliked — Quiet location but a lack of commerce in the area
  • Tips/Secrets — None
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Coder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Argyle, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2006

Nice, clean and large room. King size bed with plenty of room for the two of us. Continental breakfast was more than pastries and juice and coffee - add fresh made waffles, sausage gravy and biscuits, boiled eggs, bagels, toast, pastries, hot and cold cereals, juices, fresh fruits and lots of fresh coffee. I'm sure I left off some of the breakfast fare - but was more than enough for us to get a good day's start. I would recommend BW to all when you are in this area. We rec'd a senior discount through Travelocity. Nice pool - inside hallways with card key locks on side entrances. No elevator - but we requested a ground floor room which was available. Pet friendly as well and our little schnauzer felt right at home - plenty of room for her kennel in the big room.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — typical motel noises from room above
  • Tips/Secrets — ask for discounts ahead of check in
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank txfrekles
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2006

Stayed here for 2 nights in mid April. The room was good size and it had a microwave, coffee pot & frig. Overall, we liked the room. This was a small Best Western(2 floors) with NO elevator. The pool was fairly good size, but there was NO hot tub. The free continental breakfast was ok. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed April 2006
2 Thank TKP
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 11, 2005

Compared to La Quinta, Super 8, Ramada, Holiday Inn and all the others in this class - it was great!

The other lady made mention of the cleanliness - which is a pet peeve of mine - but this place was impressively clean, even beyond the lobby.

We requested a NON-smoking room - which the hotel does NOT guarantee. We ended up being placed in a smoking room which I was very hesitant over. I called prior to our arrival and the front desk had an air-purifier/ozone machine placed in our room. We could NOT detect smoke smells when we walked in. As for the details...

Dbl bed room: Huge! With writing desk, TV armoire, table and 2 chairs, microwave, mini-fridge, full length dressing mirror, and iron/board.

Bathroom: Two seperate sink areas - with one being outside the bathroom. Why can't ALL hotels have that? Spotless bathroom - tub, toilet, sinks, etc.

Carpet: Super clean (no "black feet" when you climb in the bed) and I had no reserves about letting my 2 year old son and 6 year old daughter run barefoot in the room.

Linens: Like new, nice quality.

Pool: Average size, but with really nice rockscape water fall. On the side of the building and facing the parking lot.

Continental breakfast: (wow!) Included waffles, bagels, toast, biscuits & sausage gravy, cereal, fruit, juices, coffee, and milk.

Other than the people in the room above us keeping us awake until 4am and the unprofessionalism of the staff, the hotel itself was quite nice.

• Stayed July 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2005

Best Westerns used to be the epitome of economy class travel in my opinion, but I have stayed in 3 lately and they are really winning me over. I was impressed by the spotlessly clean roons - especially carpets and bathrooms. I have a 2 year old and nothing makes me sicker than seeing the bottoms of his socks turn black from carpet dirt and dinge. The rooms are really well appointed, hight speed internet, frig and microwave. I didn't have to worry about my baby picking up stuff left over stuff from a previousny guest. This one in Port Lavaca is very pleasant - no elevator, but that was ok. The staff was pleasant (that itself was a treat) too. A real non-smoking room - no residual smoke in the sheets either. Towels were nice quality and soft. Room was not 85 degrees with the air off when we walked in. So impressed I thought I'd write...

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Quality Inn & Suites Victoria
American Inn & Suites
American Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Port O'Connor

Been to Best Western Port Lavaca Inn? Share your experiences!