“Excellent Accomodations”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Port Lavaca
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Accomodations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here one night for a job interview, then for 2 weeks Monday through Friday while I arranged to bring my 5th Wheel down for a temporary assignment. The staff was extremely courteous, especially the female day clerk. Room was spotless, view great, breakfast very appreciated. Could not improve on this hotel.

Room Tip: Bay view is nice, but rooms on the west side are fine, too.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HIEPortLavaca, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Lavaca, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Well True Texan, those are some mighty fine comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to review us. It keeps us on our toes and warms our souls knowing we are doing our job well. Wonderful guests like you are why we are here. Thank you for staying with us and good luck and Happy Traveling.

Jeff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Schulenburg, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed on Valentine’s Day 2/14/13. We had bay view room #326, all I can say is AMAZING!!! From the first telephone contact to see if there was an available room to our checkout, everything was PERFECT. The staff, the room, the view, the fresh smell, the bed & linens, the housekeeping, TOP NOTCH. I was so impressed that we actually had CUISINART COFFEE POT, not the silly little coffee pods, we actually brewed a 4cup pot of coffee! We missed breakfast but that was because I forgot it was over at 9:30 weekdays, I thought it was 10 am but that is for weekends. Our room was nicely decorated and SPOTLESS!! Wifi was flawless! A perfect location on the bay and we had a beautiful bay view from our room. It was too chilly to use the pool and hot tub but it was so inviting as our room was almost directly over the hot tub and it looked just as spotless as the room.

Room Tip: 3rd floor room!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MommaDK
HIEPortLavaca, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Lavaca, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
WOW!!!! You make us blush. Actually, thank you so so much for such a glowing review. Hearing such happy remarks like yours makes us feel appreciated and reminds us of why we do what we do. I am excited that your stay was so memorable. I wish every guest can experience such a wonderful time with us. Thank you again. You sincerely made our week. Come back and see us. Take care and Happy Traveling.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

The hotel is located on the bay with bay view rooms. It's nice to wake up in the morning facing the bay. The only thing is they don't have rooms with balcony, however they do have public balcony facing the bay which is very relaxing. The staff is great and the rooms are nicely decorated.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tayja71
We want to thank you so much for your comments. It is absolutely wonderful to hear we are doing our job in making sure your stay was and will always be memorable and beyond expectations. We hope you come back and visit us again. Oh, bring friends. Happy Traveling.

La Porte, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

the check in staff was great the room spotless nice bed breakfast perfect location god nice view of the port lavaca bay once they are finished remodeling and the paint dry's this will be a very nice place

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HIEPortLavaca, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Lavaca, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience with us. We responded shortly after your review posted, but since the response didn't post, we shall try again. The staff truly appreciates hearing such praise. Hearing that we are doing well, makes us feel good as we strive to make sure everyone's stay is memorable. The views ARE spectacular and we want to know that our customer service is just as spectacular.

We were doing some minor touch ups recently and will always be doing them, just to make sure the appearance of our property, and your home away from home, will always look new and fresh. Sometimes though maintaining and upkeep does pose an inconvenience to guests, so we apologize if any work was a bit unsightly.

We would love to welcome you back. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Happy Travelling!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is very nicely located on the bay. Great views from your room. The rooms are spotless clean with comfortable furniture and bedding. The staff were very friendly, polite and eager to please. A good value. I highly recommend this Holiday Inn. Nice free breakfast service.

• Stayed September 2012
HIEPortLavaca, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Lavaca, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
I would like to thank you so much for your wonderful comments about the property and staff. I will make sure everyone know about your review. I am super excited you enjoyed your stay. It's a good feeling to know we did a good job. Please come back anytime. Thanks so much and Happy Traveling!
EB, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Checked in Saturday night with no bites and woke up next morning with red dots all over my legs. Two hours later they turned into welts. I looked it up on the internet and they were bed bug bites - confirmed by my doctor. I have over 100 of them. According to the hotel, they didn't find any evidence of bed bugs and don't believe my bites are from their hotel (what else do you think they would say?), so I guess I slept walked to another hotel and got the bed bug bites that magically appeared all over my legs the night I stayed in their room! Don't stay here!!!! This experience has been miserable and I didn't ask for anything from them but a refund of my $100 night charge!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TLWeak
HIEPortLavaca, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Lavaca, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
All staff at the Holiday Inn Express Port Lavaca take guest safety, comfort and health to heart. We are in this business because we enjoy creating memories for guests while they are with us. While we feel what you experienced is unfortunate, there has been no evidence that your room is or was infected with bed bugs. Not only did the entire management team thoroughly inspect this room, we had a highly qualified and licensed exterminator thoroughly inspect the room (bed, linens, carpet) TWICE and he too found no evidence. Furthermore, there have been four other guests who have stayed in the same room as you and there have been no reports from them. Again, we sympathize with your condition but firmly believe it was not caused at our property. If anyone would like to see the exterminator's reports, please feel free to contact the hotel management and we will be happy to share them.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family and I stayed here on 8/16 for 3 nights since we were in town for a wedding. The room was very clean and we had a great view of the bay. We talked to the cleaning staff a few times during our stay and they were very nice and helpful. The breakfast was okay. There were plenty of choices. The hard boiled eggs were the best and a nice change from the scrambled (powdered) eggs. The pool was really nice, but there were never enough towels. I spoke to an employee at the pool and asked for towels and he called the cleaning staff and they brought two towels. There were 3 in our family and another family of 3 at the pool. I had to ask again to bring more towels. The last night, we went for a late evening swim and no towels again. The young blond girl at the front desk referred us to Tropics when we inquired about a good seafood restaurant. The place is located on the bay and has a great view. BUT that was it. The seafood was not fresh, it was frozen. The service was sub-par. We ate there on a Thursday night and they ran our of salad and baked potatoes. When I was finished with my meal, they asked if I still wanted my potato. When I complained, they offered to substitute it for a dessert. Don't eat here, if the staff at the hotel refers you. Not sure how this restaurant stays in business.

Room Tip: Bay view rooms are the best.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JoanneinTX
HIEPortLavaca, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Lavaca, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I want to thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you had a pleasurable stay, although not having enough pool towels is not acceptable. We will do our best to make sure there are plenty available. I appreciate you bringing that to our attention. I apologize that you did not enjoy your visit to the restaurant suggested. Usually, they are highly recommendable. The clerk, however should have given you more options and a variety of options. There are several great places to eat at. Again, thank you for reviewing us. We hope you come back to Port Lavaca. Take care and Happy Traveling.

Jeff Sabedra
American Inn & Suites
American Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Port O'Connor
The Peaceful Pelican Bed & Breakfast

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Lavaca? Share your experiences!