Marcello's Italian Restaurant & Bar on the Piazza
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Port Isabel
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Marcello's Italian Restaurant & Bar on the Piazza is located in Port Isabel, Texas adjacent to our historic and renowned Lighthouse Square. Enjoy our classic Italian dining and coastal cuisine with old-world charm, casual elegance and a vast menu of hand-made pasta dishes, delectable seafood, pizzas and other Italian classics. At Marcello's all of our bread, pizza dough, sauces and dishes are made from scratch and we take great pride in our fresh, quality ingredients. We serve lunch and dinner daily. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Marcello's is a very nice place with linen table cloths, etc. The food was delicious, especially the personal pizzas we had. It was not extraoridinary in any sense of the word, but we will go back again. The worst part was using the restrooms because the hallway opens up to a bar that is stinky with stale cigarette smoke. That was awful. It does not, however, permeate the restaurant.

1  Thank Leslee49

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We had a great meal in a beautiful restaurant. The service couldn't have been better, and the prices were reasonable for the area, the atmosphere and the quality.

We had the pork scallopini with basmati rice which was very good. The salad looked slightly dry, but tasted fine...the Italian dressing was excellent. Two servers were very attentive without hovering.

This was a dry run for planning a dinner for 14. I'll make the reservations tomorrow.

3  Thank Lovespitx
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We ate at this restaurant last weekend. I had the all you can eat Gulf Shrimp, and hubby had the Alfredo Chicken plate. Hubby said his food was pretty good. But my shrimp was awful. It was half a plate of bits of what looked and tasted like re-fried shrimp. I received only one 'whole' shrimp. There was more batter than shrimp, and the batter was so hard I was afraid I might break a tooth trying to eat it. The waiter never came to ask me if I wanted any more shrimp. So, when I finally got hold of him I asked him for some fresh shrimp. It took around 10-12 minutes before he came back with the shrimp. I was hoping it was going to be a much better batch, but sadly it wasn't. It also had been pre-fried and reheated just like the first batch. It's a shame really because this is a lovely restaurant and the staff are very friendly. And the prices are reasonable. I just think they should remove the shrimp from the menu. I think it's only on there to compete with the surrounding restaurants. But Marcello's being an Italian restaurant serves some really good Italian food, and I just don't believe they need to offer fried shrimp. Unless of course it's going to be on par with the standards of their other offerings.

Ont he drinks side neither hubby nor I drink wine so we can't say anything about that except that they seem to have an abundance to chose from. The only drinks they have for non-drinkers are sodas and plain ice-tea. What would it cost for them to offer a selection of fruit or herbal teas? I had a glass of water to drink. I wasn't too happy about that either.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Just okay and nothing special. The fish was good but the stuffing was brown and so ugly and tasteless that I really couldn't eat it.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

On our recent trip to South Padre Island we ate lunch here!!
Excellent service and top notch food selection!!
Everything was cooked to perfection!!
Thanks for another excellent lunch!!

3  Thank Tracy B