“Good ole food”

Mexiquito Restaurant & Seafood Market
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Port Isabel
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood
Description: We are right on the corner lot across the street from Double Days Sports Bar. Under new Owners, but still that great food and management. Come see us!
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I've been coming here for quite some time. The potato and egg taco is da bomb!! Also the grilled fish is always great!!

1  Thank Michael K

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Mixed it up and had large flour tortilla with eggs, avocado, cilantro, potatoes and homemade hot sauce ! Super great ! I have been eating at Mexiquito restaurant for almost 28 years. The Seafood is GREAT either blackened or grilled also----soooooooooo Yummy!!!!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

Arrived at about 2:30 and had the fish and shrimp basket that they advertise (daily) for $6.99. I had 9 shrimps and two decent pieces of fish, my spouse 8 shrimps and 3 fish; Chef's choice I guess. The fish was really nice but the shrimp was da bomb! Best we've had in all of the seafood places we tried around town. Of course being that its a Mexican restaurant first, you're served chips and salsa to start. Suggest gringos ask for extra lime to tone it down as its pretty spicy. Service was great too. The only downfall, I see is their price of beer. At $3.50 a pop, I found it a tad overpriced compared to other restaurants in the 20 mile radius. Sooooooo, next time we go, I'll stick to water do some more shrimps and maybe try one of their classic Mexican dishes which I saw from patrons all around looked awesome.

1  Thank Josée G
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Along with our friends we attended at the Mexiquito Restaurant for breakfast recently. We always stop in at least once each time we visit this area. The breakfasts are good sized and very tasty as are the American style breakfasts. They had a special on the American style at $2.99 which even included potatoes. Hard to beat a price like that especially when it is good tasting as well.

1  Thank PJ M
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I have always enjoyed the food and service at Mexiquito's. We have eaten there at least once a month and have never had a bad experience with the quality of the food or the service. My personal favorites are the enchiladas and the chalupas. When I asked about their enchilada sauce, a very kind lady who was working behind the counter at the checkout took the time to tell me exactly how to make it! I love this place!