“great view along with Dirty Al food”

Dirty Al's at Pelican Station
Ranked #9 of 50 Restaurants in Port Isabel
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Best seafood restaurant in port isabel Texas, owned by the Salazar family owners of original Dirty Al's on south padre island
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Pelican Station combines the great food from Dirty Al along with napkins and a super view. Sunday bloody marys were good, too!

Joriu1965, Director of operations at Dirty Al's at Pelican Station, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

It might be somehow a little late ,but we still owe it to you, because you took the time to express your contentment or disappointment and we want to make it right so if you had a good experience we are happy and please accept our apologies for a bad experience If we didn't meet your expectations .
We appreciate your comments because it will help us to correct the wrong and hope that you give us another chance.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife & I went because of the great location overlooking the water. We were hardly seated when our waiter briskly asked what we wanted to drink. When I am travelling I like to sample a local beer but our waiter could only impatiently tell me that they 'had them all'...turns out that they didn't but we managed to get one on the third pass with the young fellow. It was a dark Mexican beer that I had not tried before and enjoyed.
Ordered a burger with shrimp bisque in lieu of fries but our waiter rushed off without clarifying so I got burger & fries and bisque. Turns out you can make the substitution with a sandwich listed immediately beside the burgers in the menu but it is verboten with burgers. Silly rule, not the waiter's fault but he was still rushing excessively and could have clarified before he rushed off; I would have changed my order accordingly.
My wife had a Poll-boy(?) sandwich with beef. Both our lunches were good/average. Like virtually every other restaurant we've tried in Texas on this vacation, the fries were frozen and normally we pass on ordering them. That being said, for frozen fries, the ones I tried were tasty buy too heavily salted.
I rarely get turned off by a waiter but this one set the tone and turned what promised to be a relaxed lunch that could have been the highlight of our day trip into a mediocre experience. Our evaluation was reflected by the gratuity we left.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

supposed to have smoked oysters for 3 weekends.been here for 2 yrs. service down hill,manager doesn't seem to care PROMISE BUT NO DELIVERY!,!SORRY REALLY DISAPPOINTED,HOPE GETS BETTER

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a big party on a rainy cold night and so there weren't a lot of people in the restaurant. I got bacon wrapped shrimp which I've had other places and it is to die for. This order came out with bacon that was way under cooked and I had to peel it off to get to the greasy shrimp. The sides were not anything special either. I will not go back. I found the menu expensive because of the area and there are so many really good reasonable restaurants here. You pay to be by the water with no view of it. The service was adequate but I never got my drink refilled. I didn't hear anyone else raving about their food either. I asked someone sitting next to me what they liked at the restaurant and why and he wasn't enthusiastic about the food. It is a nice room and held everyone comfortably but again it was a real slow night. Those other people that reviewed this place must have been sitting someplace else or perhaps there is open air seating when it isn't raining like hell. Port Isabel is a favorite place of mine but for casual dining...don't go there.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We, TexasShowDown, played a variety of music (Classic Rock, Oldies, Blues, Classic Country and more...) there over looking the bay. The food was great and everyone enjoyed the music. Looking forward to playing there again, Alan Duval and the band, 548-1563.

1  Thank Alan D