“Awesome Dive Restaurant!”

Joe's Oyster Bar
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Port Isabel
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Don't let the humble outside mislead you; this place is a great place for fresh good seafood and cold beer. When we first walked in we thought we had the wrong place, but the dining area is just beyond the front entrance, which is a convenience store/bait shop/fresh seafood shop. The menu is small, but we tried most of it and found it to be very delicious and reasonably priced. They fresh oysters we're okay, but the crab cakes and blackened fish were some of the best that I've had. Grab some good food and a cold Dos Equis and enjoy great local secret!

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Great. Food at a great price. Not much to look at but I will return on my next visit to the valley. We had shrimp, and fish. It was all great

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Recommended by a local. We tried Nathan's plate. Crab cake was excellent with fresh green peppers and other spices. It also had grilled shrimp and fish with a hint of blackening. Newly added dining room provided for plenty of space. One in our party tried fried shrimp and it was also very we'll prepared and fresh.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Very small but soo good! The only down side is that the menu is all seafood (but you can ask for chicken tenders). Overall the experience was good and our waiter was funny.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

First let me say I am from the PNW where seafood is expected to be top notch. I went here because of the ratings and was very disappointed. I got a combination plate and crab cakes. The seafood was all breaded with the same thing making it hard to taste much difference between the items on the plate. The crab cakes were very disappointing. Bland and gooey. Kind grubby inside which I don't mind if the food makes up for it. Been there, done that, won't do it again.