“Great dive, great food!”
Review of Joe's Oyster Bar

Joe's Oyster Bar
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Port Isabel
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

This is an amazing little hole in the wall - doesn't look like much from the outside but the seafood is fresh and delicious! Great prices, great service - loved every single bite!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I know everyone else is saying the same thing but I just had to throw in my 2 cents! This place is by far the best place to eat...
My husband and I went to South Padre Island for our 1 year anniversary and believe me we went to all the high dollar ultra romantic spots...but after eating at Joe's nothing measured up for price, quality, and service! Great Job to all!

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This was one of the best places that we ate while we stayed at South Padre Island just over the bridge a local little place doesn't look like much from the outside but what great food we had on the inside. The grilled crab fingers Are awesome!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

You HAVE to stop here if you are anywhere near Padre. It is a true hidden gem. This is the freshest seafood I have ever had! The staff is so nice. They let me try a sample of their ceviche and "secret soup" before I ordered anything. Both the ceviche and soup were ridiculously good. It is true authentic cooked to order seafood. The chef knows what he is doing. The prices are super affordable especially on Wednesday I think it was- a dozen oysters was half off. If you dont check this place out, you are seriously missing out.

1  Thank Danielle P
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I'm very glad we visited Joe's during our stay in South Padre Island. My son ordered the grilled shrimps, I ordered the grilled fish/shrimp combo and my husband ordered the fried fish/shrimp combo. The roll that came with the meal was really hard so I skipped it. The prices were affordable for the huge shrimp. The service was okay...they were pretty straight forth. I visited the ladies room to wash my hands only to discover no paper towels. I'll happily flap my hands around to dry for some good seafood.