“You've got to meet Joe”

Joe's Oyster Bar
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Port Isabel
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Most of the time Joe is working behind the counter as you come in the restaurant. Nothing like having the owner on duty!!! A really great guy who puts out a fabulous meal - shrimp, oysters, fish - the best and a great value for a hearty appetite. I ordered the seafood combo with generous portions of shrimp, oysters, and fish and my wife ordered the generous shrimp basket. Really, really great meal and the fries are also the best. Joe's has been the best restaurant in Port Isabel for a number of months and truly deserves the distinction. Don't mind the plastic tableware and the foam plates - it's the food that make Joe's #1. As you leave, be sure to tell Joe that you'll be back. The boss is on duty.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place is awesome. We found out about it on Trip Advisor and we're so glad we stopped by. In our two days on SPI, we ate here twice. The staff is so friendly and the food is excellent. There were four of us and everything we tried was amazing. In addition to ordering from the menu, you can buy fresh from their cooler. It is amazing to be able to buy such great, fresh seafood at such low, affordable prices. By our second visit, we felt like regulars--and we wish we lived closer so we could be!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

After a long day of shopping we were headed back to our room on SPI. We needed to eat so I pulled out my phone and found this place in Port Isabel. The reviews were really good so we decided to give it a try. It was fabulous! My husband had the seafood platter and I had the crab cakes. The crab cakes were yummy times ten and my husband said his meal was delicious too. I wish we wouldn't have waited so long to find this great place. It's not much to look at and the food is served on stryofoam plates but after one taste you really don't care.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I love these little hole in the walls that surprise you with amazing food, and so inexpensive at that! I had the grilled fish & shrimp and all I can is I wish I could eat here everyday! We also had oysters on the half shell, ceviche, stuffed jalepenos and fried fish & shrimp, everything was excellent with the exception of the ceviche which we are on a mission to find the best of the island, this wasnt one of favorites but it was tasty and fresh nontheless! The atmosphere is casual laid back fishy smelling and busy, no need to worry if the dishes are clean its all paper & plastic, my kinda fun people watching kind of place. Would never of found without tripadvisor!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Joes is off the main drag one block by the post office. It used to be just a market for seafood, according to my companion, when Joe had his own fishing boats. He then converted the store into a restaurant, sold the boats and buys his fish fresh everyday from the docks. He still sells fresh fish, shrimp, and oysters from his display case. Expect styrofoam plates, plastic forks and super food (along with a nice selection of beers). We selected our Red Snapper from the display, had it cooked on the spot and took it back to our hotel for a feast. A full Red Snapper dinner, cole slaw and french frys for $12.95. A dozen fried Oysters on special for $5.95. A nice hustle and bustle of a neat place.