Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central
$159
$164
$154
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

$88
SuburbanHotels
$215
$199
Hampton.com
All reviewsnice barclass reunioncomplimentary breakfaststayed one nightrooms are nicein townswimming poolstay there againhighwaysmoking
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Don't expect a lot of customer service if you stay at this Holiday Inn in Port Arthur. Our reservation said we would have a refrigerator in the room and we needed one to keep things cold that were to be used in our presentation the next day. I called the desk immediately upon entering the room at 2:00 and was told they would bring one right up. We left to set up for our next day's presentation amd stopped for dinner. When we returned at about 5:30 there was no fridge. I called the desk again and was told it was late and there probably wasn't one available. I explained and reminded him I was promised one at 2:00. Never got one. Also, when we checked in with bags and rolling carts, we were told that to get to our room we needed to go outside and walk around to the back of the building and then go up stairs. It turned out we could have walked right down a main hall to an elevator that would have taken us right to our room but we drug all of our stuff outside on an uneven sidewalk in near 100 degree heat. You get a $20 voucher for your breakfast at their restaraunt but plan on giving them lots of time to get your breakfast prepared; we were in the restaraunt at 6:15 and it took them 45 min. to get us a waffle and an order of french toast. They apologized (it wasn't like they were really busy that morning) but that didn't help us get off on time to our workshop. I will admit that the room was clean; bed comfortable; there was a nice large TV; but the headaches for the other problems were too much for a normally nice hotel chain.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Cindy F
MattJ2255, Matt Jackson - Front Desk Manager/Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2009

I would like to apologize for any problems you experienced with our hotel. I also want to apologize about the refrigerator problem and for my front desk employees not giving proper directions to your room. If you do decide to come stay with us again, ask for me personally, and I will make sure you get a refrigerator upon request and take care of any other needs or questions you may have.

Reviewed March 3, 2009

I stayed at the hotel for two weeks for government disaster work. My room was renovated with flat screen t.v, new furniture, and new bathroom. The staff was extremely friendly and accomadating and made my trip enjoyable. My room was clean and quIet. also enjoyed the renovated gym with two treadmills, ellipetical, leg and arm exercise machines. There is not too much to do in Port Arthur;however, I recommend eating at Pappadeaux in Beaumont (ten minutes away).

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2008

Was booked into this hotel with a large group for a meeting. Room and bed were clean and comfortable. Despite being next to an elevator, I had no noise issues during my two-night stay. Lobby and bar area were smoky, but my non-smoking room was not. Internet worked fine in the room, which was important as I needed to use it for business during my stay. No problems here.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank grotshops
Reviewed February 10, 2008

Stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Port Arthur.
I enjoyed the stay. I was recognized as a Priority Club Member and given a bottle of water and snacks. Stayed on the 4th floor with a nice view over the pool area.
Although it was too cool to go to the pool, it was a beautiful area.
Breakfast was good, plentiful and reasonably priced.
Bed was comfortable, good water pressure and plenty of hot water.
Room need a little more remodeling (bedspreads, etc.), but the room and bathroom were very clean. Got a good room rate on the Holiday Inn Web Site.

Wal Mart is right across the hwy - very convenient.

I would definitely stay here on a return trip to Port Arthur.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank bandit
Reviewed March 14, 2006

This place was really nice. The pool was great, the rooms were beautiful, and everyone there was really nice. I didn't have one complaint about my whole experience there.

• Stayed: June 2005