“Very Nice, Excellent Staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Port Arthur
Huntsville, Alabama
“Very Nice, Excellent Staff”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Stayed one night, check in by staff was excellent and very attentive soon as we walked in the door; they always had a big smile for us when we left and arrived back. Location is right off main highway, restaurants nearby, shopping all around. Mexican restaurant right near parking lot to walk to. Rooms were clean, No smells, comfortable and shower very large. Lobby is very nice. We chose the first floor which can get noisy but enjoy being close to the lobby. Breakfast was excellent.

Only Negative: walls thin, but most are in motels, fitted sheets kept slipping off mattress, otherwise would stay again for close restaurants, shopping and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor are king, other floors are double beds.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
cheryl c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Roadhound 1 -- Thank you for your kind words in regards to my hotel cleanliness and especially my friendly staff. I do appreciate you taking the time to fill out this survey, and very pleased that you were happy with the overall hotel operations.

I sincerely appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return to the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur, Texas

Sincere regards,

Cheryl Conner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Madisonville, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I made reservations for a specific room. I was told when I arrived that room was no longer available. My new room had a dirty sofa bed. When calling the front desk, they brought me clean sheets, handing them to me at the door. I don't expect to have to remove somebody else's dirty sheets and put on new clean sheets at a hotel I'm staying at. At both the check-in and check-out times, I had to wait while receptionist answered calls, as I stood there waiting. Then they continued answering phone calls, making me wait every time they did so. Just an overall bad hotel stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

cheryl c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Donald J.
Thank you for your recent guest stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur, Texas. I do sincerely regret that you had reason to complain in regards to the linen issue with your sofa bed.
Mr. J. I want you to know that we take all guest complaints very serious and I have dealt with the appropriate individuals that were directly responsible for your guest room.
I have sent you under a separate cover letter to your personal telephone and e mail in regards to compensation for this situation that occurred while you were a guest here in the hotel.
Again, I do sincerely apologize and I definitely appreciate your feedback, and look forward to having you return to the hotel in the future.
With Sincere Regards,
Cheryl Conner, General Manager
Port Arthur, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Manager Cheryl Conner is fantastic. She made us feel welcome and the staff was great. The hotel lobby has been remodeled and looks great. The breakfast was good too. Call Cheryl to book your room. She took care of us.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

cheryl c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Joe T.,

Thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur, Texas. I sincerely appreciate your kind words and response to this survey. While I cannot take all the credit, I have a great staff in all areas of the hotel and we work together as a team. I appreciate you taking the time to fill out this survey and it has been my pleasure to have served you.

Please do give me a call when you return to the area, and I will be more than happy to set your reservations for you. My staff and I will look forward to your return. Have a great Summer!

With Sincere Regards,
Cheryl Conner - General Manager
Terrell, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I led a team of 37 from our church in Rockwall, Texas, to minister with New Beginnings in Port Arthur, Texas for one week. Our entire team was extremely impressed with this hotel and staff. The staff was amazingly helpful, breakfast was great every morning and our rooms were in great shape every evening. We will certainly use this hotel for future mission trips to Port Arthur.

Dear Brandon P,

Thank you for your kinds words in regards to your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur, Texas. It was indeed our pleasure to have served your New Beginnings Ministry. I will pass on your comments to my entire team as they will be very excited to know that you and your entire group were very satisfied with our guest services, breakfast and cleanliness of our hotel and guest rooms. Thank you again for your patronage and we look forward to serving you and your group next year.
Have a great summer!
Sincere Regards,
Cheryl Conner- General Manager
and Staff of the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur
Linden, Virginia
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Alright let's be honest. Nothing in life is perfect. Things happen. While at the Hampton the weather decided not to cooperate. The hotel had no control over the circumstances. When the Hampton says 100% satisfaction/guarantee that's exactly what they mean. The GM (Cheryl) and all of her staff were on top of the situation. They made sure that I was happy, safe and comfortable. I stayed for 5 days and each day housekeeping verbally checked with me to make sure I was satisfied. I don't expect perfection. With that being said, I do appreciate accountability and a proper response to what ever the situation may be. We had a family reunion right there in the lobby of the hotel. Myself and my family occupied 6 rooms. We are a typical Cajun family and are always loud and happy. I am originally from Port Arthur and I return there each summer to visit with my family. I will always stay at the Hampton Inn Port Arthur. They are the best (No matter what)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
cheryl c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Mrs. Parretti,
Thank you for your recent guest stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. I do thank you for taking the time to fill out your survey. I sincerely appreciate all the great things that you have mentioned in regards to my entire team. I will be posting your comments for all of my team to review. I appreciate your loyalty and patronage. It was indeed our pleasure to serve you and your family. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thank you again for the great positive feedback.
Cheryl Conner
Hannibal, Missouri
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Our stay was a good one. We were met with a friendly greeting upon arrival. Our room was cleaned and freshened daily for a pleasant sensation when we returned in the evening. The layout of our room was conducive to relaxation and sleep. The breakfast was tasty, and the staff was polite and helpful. The only areas for improvement were the fitness center and pool.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

cheryl c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Songbird2011,
Thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to respond with your comments. I will definitely pass on your excellent remarks to my team in regards to the services you experienced as well as the cleanliness of the hotel and your guest room. I do regret that you experienced issues with the swimming pool and work out facilities. I as well as my team are working on these areas, and I appreciate your honest feedback.
Thank you again and I look forward to serving you on your next trip to Port Arthur, Texas
Regards, Cheryl Conner, General Manager
Denham Springs, Louisiana
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Location is accessible to many places to eat, even a Mexican restaurant that shares the parking lot. Staff was friendly and place is clean. Parking can be a little limited, but not terrible. The place is secure and has quick access on and off 69.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
cheryl c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Alan H.,
Thank you for your recent patronage to the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur, Texas. I appreciate you taking the time to complete the trip advisor survey.

It is our main goal here at Hampton to make sure that each and every guest feel important, because they are! I am pleased to here that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass on to the team in regards to the friendly service you received during your visit. Also, to housekeeping, that you enjoyed your room accommodations! We strive to ensure that our guests' receive the most enjoyable stay possible. Next time you are planning a visit to the Port Arthur area, please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to arrange your accommodations. We look forward to seeing you in the near future! Sincere regards, Cheryl Conner - General Manager