“Best Hotel in the GT Area”

Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Port Arthur
DeSoto, Texas
“Best Hotel in the GT Area”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Never anything bad to say about my numerous stays at this hotel. I travel to the area at least four times a year and get excellent serveice each time; I love it. I travel for business and the location is also close to the facilities I visit. Shanna and Lauren rock.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Flint, Texas
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for a family funeral. The staff who booked my 2 of 6 rooms our family utilized during this stay, were so helpful and accommodating. Most of us were on the same floor, and that was nice. Clean rooms, good sleep- what Hampton is known for- and a Mexican food place in the adjoining parking lot that served good margaritas and good food was a plus as well. The morning breakfast was certainly hot and coffee pots were full. A fairly good selection to choose from. It was easy to find, and get to and from, with plenty of shopping nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
fort worth, tx
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I believe Hampton Inn offers the most inviting accommodations for the money. The appearance of the hotel from lobby to breakfast area to the room itself is top notch. Breakfast was unique in many ways and very tasty. Even the layout of the room was thoughtully planned. I highly recommend not only this Hampton Inn and Suites but each one I have stayed in thus far.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
El Campo, Texas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I took seven high school students to a leadership conference - 3 boys and 4 girls. We had an overall good experience. And, considering about 200 high school students and probably another 40 adult sponsors checked in during a relatively short period of time, the hotel desk staff was amazingly calm, cool, collected and efficient at assigning our four rooms. Considering that the staff did so well under this type of situation, I'm sure they and the hotel are even more exceptional when not dealing with such a rush of teenage humanity. Good job. I'll definitely stay at this Hampton if I return to Port Arthur.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We have stayed at this location many times. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. Its a Hampton Inn--and it is consistent each time. The food is pretty good, and again, don't expect eggs benedict and champagne, but for a Hampton Inn, it is quality. The beds are comfortable, and we love the King Suite, as it gives you so much more room.

Room Tip: Go for the King Suite, because it gives you so much more room, unless you really need 2 queen beds...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3 days here on business, and it was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, and I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton. The suite was exceptional. It was spacious, and it had a jacuzzi, free wireless, refrigerator and a microwave. I was very impressed by the room. The staff was also exceptional. We also needed our bill separated for business reasons, and the lady at the front desk worked with us on getting this accomplished. The hotel staff asked us on multiple occasions if they could help us with anything. They also let us have a late check out without charging extra, which is very unusual. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank adv80203
Melissa R, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Good Afternoon ADV80203,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the very kind remarks you made to us on Trip Advisor. Guest comments such as yours are a great morale booster for our staff as we do try so hard to make everyone's stay here as perfect as possible. I want you to know that we appreciate your business and do hope you will continue to use our hotel on any future visits that you make to the Port Arthur area. Thanks again for the wonderful comments and for being our guest.

Respectfully,

Port Arthur, TX 77642
Phone: 409 722-6999
Fax: 409 722-6998
e-mail: melissa.ridings@hilton.com

Thanks to you we are voted #1 on Trip Advisor!!!!!!!!!!
Chico, CA
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Front desk knew nothing about local restaurants, room had a distinct mildew smell, room seemed poorly cleaned, there were men's underwear in the elevator... The breakfast was good quality and location was good.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank ctunnell
Melissa R, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Chrystal,

First let me apologize for your visit to our hotel as it was not what you or us were expecting or wanted. At the Hampton Inn of Port Arthur we take great pride in our hotel and our guest service. We seemed to have failed in both categories this time. Normally we get very good reviews on the state of our guest rooms and we certainly appreciate your comments on your room as this is one of the main ways we can continue to improve. I don't know how mens underwear got left in the elevator but I do apologize for that as well. I want you to know that we value you as a guest and hope that you will continue to use our hotel on future visits to the Port Arthur area. That way we can show you that we really do have a much better hotel than what you encountered on your last visit. Thanks again for being our guest.

Jim White
Hampton Inn @ Suites of Port Arthur
409-722-6999
'Our hotel is rated #1 on TripAdvisor.com!"