“Well Done Econo Lodge” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Port Arthur
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Well Done Econo Lodge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had some reservations about staying at this hotel after reading some of the recent reviews. I wonder exactly what these reviewers were expecting from a budget hotel. My friend and I actually found the hotel to be quite reasonable for the price. The rooms were cleaned late in the morning and were always ready by early afternoon. The beds were comfortable and it seemed as if the windows and door were designed to muffle out most of the street noise. Except for the first night (which was extremely warm and humid) we slept very well. We were here for a total of four nights.

There was a cooktop in our room but no utensils or pans to use to cook food. I guess you have to bring those. It’s little difficult when you’re not driving around in your own vehicle to carry these things. The breakfast was basic but compared to other hotels that charge much more it can hold its own. There is a selection of fresh fruit, two cereals, bread (for toasting), bagels, two choices of fruit juice (apple and orange), brewed coffee and a station set up to cook your own waffles.

The front desk staff were always chirpy and helpful with any questions. It is always great to be greeted with a smile after a long journey.

The location is within walking distance to a supermarket and a vast selection of restaurants. There also appeared to be ample parking space. The pool although small appeared to be sparkling clean and very well maintained.

The Wi-Fi was free which is always a plus for any accommodation. As far as budget hotels go, I would rate this 4.5 stars out of 5. A very pleasant stay and would definitely consider staying here again if I was in Port Arthur.

Well Done Econo Lodge.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Roger B
Ahmed V, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2016
Thank you so much for sharing your review and giving us an honest look at the guest
experience in our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! We are delighted by your compliments, rating and review of our high housekeeping and hospitality standards. We are glad that you were satisfied with the hospitality of our staff and I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the breakfast offered at our hotel. Your thorough review is greatly appreciated! We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Port Arthur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Broken toilet seat, coffee maker that didn't work properly, light bulb missing from a lamp, and a gap underneath the door to allow lots of cold air to blow in. I got screwed for paying an extra night unnecessarily and not getting a refund from this site. Never going to use it to book again. Very dissastisfied.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

I am terribly sorry that you experienced a number of inconveniences regarding the working order of the appliances and electronics in your room. We understand that you are hesitant to return based on this experience, though we hope to have another chance to impress you in the future. I want to assure you that your comments are being taken seriously, passed onto our staff and addressed through continuous improvements to our accommodations and policies. I hope you'll accept our sincere apologies for the lapse in service and convenience that you encountered. Thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

First, the room smells like seasonings and incense. And most importantly, (this is one of the worst things that happened to me at a hotel), THERE WAS A LARGE BLOOD STAIN ON THE COMFORTER!!! The smell almost made me barf. THEN, I called the front desk and they told ME to bring it down. I am so disgusted and disappointed. I wanted to leave the room at that very moment. For this, I will never stay at ANY Econo Lodge...ANYWHERE!!!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I am very sorry to hear that you experienced such unusual circumstances and inconveniences during your stay with us, especially that we were not able to address the issues and misunderstandings right away. It is through feedback like yours that we are able to quickly address housekeeping, maintenance, and amenities issues. I am sorry that your room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our maintenance and housekeeping staff. We will address the maintenance task right away for the benefit of our future guests, which hopefully will include yourself.
davenport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Please dont waste your time.I cancel reservation to stay closer to my family.The clerk and manger was rude.I was charge for two rooms, i didnt book and they refuse to issue a refund,The manger stated how do they know if i saywho i am and people are scaming them.Dont make any sense.I would think twice before i would book with econo lodge.If your overcharged,dont think your going to get a refund,they will give you a hard time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank denise g
Your review is greatly appreciated, though it is very disappointing to learn of the bad impression we made with the state of our accommodations. I am very displeased to hear that anyone was treated with rudeness or that any misunderstandings regarding your booking were not addressed in a professional manner. The standard procedure in such cases is to confer with management regarding what can be done to resolve the issue, as our staff is not authorized to make decisions which conflict with policy. Thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention.
U.P. of Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

Wonderful place to stay! Nice secure area. Had a room with a very nice kitchenette. Clean rooms, very friendly, helpful service, customer laundry, great value. If we come down this way again we will certainly stay here! Would HIGHLY recommend to anyone who is traveling through or visiting the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share this five star experience with our management, staff, and future guests.Our primary aim is to give you a comfortable and accommodating experience, and we are very pleased to hear of our success in this ambition.We are so glad that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again!