“Very, very good value and wonderful staff”

Three Rivers Inn & Suites Port Arthur
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Port Arthur
“Very, very good value and wonderful staff”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I was quite surprised at how nice and clean the hotel was, based on the price I paid. My room was cozy, the beds were comfy, and the A/C unit was quiet! The hotel is in a great location for travelers just passing through. There's not a ton of stuff around it but if you're a person like me who wants peace and quiet for a good night's sleep....this is the place. It was everything I would expect for a more expensive hotel. If I'm ever back in Port Arthur, TX for night or two...I know exactly where I'm staying.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was quite surprised that this hotel was so nice. It looks to be the only thing in port Arthur at first, so I was expecting dingy low hotel. You know the ones...Anyway I was meat by a very nice front office employee. We were on the third floor, and the elevator worked great. We are clean freaks and we bring our own blacklight. We looked everywhere and there wasn't a single spot. Not on bed, but on carpet, not even in the bathroom. Room smells great, and they have a cute window seat over the ac unit, so the use of space is great. They have closet, drawers, microwave, and fridge. The breakfast is great in the morning!!! I would stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two days while getting some work done on my house. The staff was very nice. The hotel was very clean and modern. The room was excellent. Everything we needed was available to us. The breakfast served, was great, it was prepared well and there was a lot of it. I will defiantly recommend this hotel when my family comes to visit.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank easemysoul
SAN ANTONIO
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were very pleased with hotel. Got good price thru trip advisor. The night and daytime staff offered assistance without being asked. They were very pleasant. The room was wonderfully lit, clean and spacious. The breakfast was in a pleasantly arranged area and the choices were sufficient. We forgot our coats in the closet and upon speaking to the desk staff, almost immediately received a call from manager, who offered to mail us our coats. This is significant because we called Sunday night and he could have opted to wait until Monday to call us. He did mail the coats promptly and they arrived within 2 days-( one day was a holiday!). We really appreciated the generosity and responsiveness.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Nice, new rooms. We stayed in the Queen Suite and enjoyed it. Staff was very friendly. It is far from the mall area where all the other hotels are but I'd rather have a view of open fields than of strip malls and car dealerships. My wife was hesitant about staying near the refineries but we never smelled them and she slept very well each night. Sheets were clean and new and pillows were nice. For the price it can't be beat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mynametaken2
ThreeRiversStaff, Director of Sales at Three Rivers Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear mynametaken2,

Thank you for your recent review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our Queen Suites during your recent visit to our Three Rivers Inn and Suites hotel in Port Arthur. I am particularly pleased to read that our entire team looked after you well and made you feel most welcome and that you and your wife both enjoyed a peaceful nights rest throughout your stay.

We very much look forward to welcome you back at Three Rivers Inn and Suites during your next trip to Port Arthur.

Yours sincerely

Adrian
Executive Management Team (Houston, TX)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 7, 2014

It was a nice motel...new...very clean. Staff very friendly, very helpful. Good breakfast. Bed very comfortable. But the walls were paper thin!! Like I could hear people talking in the next room. You could hear everything going on in the halls...insulation was not a priority here! LOL

On the service, once we got there it was great! the people were very nice....but the reservation people nearly ruined for us with their steadfast no heart refusal to change our reservation. I made my appt at like 5:30-5:45 pm and then I remember another commitment we had (ugh). I tried to change my reservation but because it was 6:10 pm they were bound and determined to charge me $91 to do that. No human compassion at all.

On the sleep quality, like I said the bed was very comfortable...but you could hear everything and we were awakened by folks in the hall in the morning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ThreeRiversStaff, General Manager at Three Rivers Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Betty M,

Thank you for having chosen the Three Rivers Inn and Suites Hotel - Port Arthur for your recent stay.

We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us, the sleep quality and our teams outstanding service in particular. However we are very sorry to hear that you may have been disturbed by fellow guests, and we can assure you that the guest rooms have sound insulation to prevent sound travelling as much as possible.

Please contact us at staff1@hotelthreerivers.com in regards to your experience to change reservations, as we would like to look into that for you, as total guest satisfaction from reservation to departure is paramount to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Adrian.
Executive Management Team (Houston)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This inn is fairley new to the area, not alot of decent places in the Port Arthur area. But the quality of the Three Rivers in and the proximity of the inn to the refineries I have to visit is great. The accomodations are really well kept, and my company has a corporate aggreement so that the price is very suitable for weekly stays. I would recomend to anyone that has to stay in Port Arthur area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ThreeRiversStaff, Director of Sales at Three Rivers Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Jerry L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us at Three Rivers Inn and Suites - Port Arthur.

I am delighted to hear that you are enjoying your stays with us in Port Arthur and of the continued confidence your company places in our team to provide you and your colleagues a great home from home whilst on business. As you mentioned we are certainly in an ideal location to explore everything in Port Arthur and extremely handy for all the major business operations in the area.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Adrian.
Executive Management Team (Houston)