“Our Family Vacation Spot” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Port Aransas

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Houston
“Our Family Vacation Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

Whenever we are looking for a break and want to go somewhere not to far away we look to Port Aransas. This little town feels like home and it is great just to walk the streets as well as go to the beach. In 2007 we took our 5 yr anniversary trip here, we walked the beach at night, and this is were my husband proposed to me. There couldn't have been a more wonderful place. There's a bar called Sharkys that will surprise you, it has a huge parking lot but going in it looks like such a little tiny place with a couple pool tables but all you have to do is take the door that leads down to the basement portion and it is huge, nice big stage, dance floor, lots of room. It is my recommendation that if your looking for a nice little getaway give Port Aransas a shot.

texas
“Family Friendly Realxing Get Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Our Family needed a get away but did not have the budget to fly away to some tropical beach. Some friends recommended Port A as an affordable fun family vacation spot. We had the best time playing on the beach, relaxing and just enjoying each others company. We found a little breakfast spot with wonderful pancakes, The Island Cafe, it's a Mom & Pop place but it was clean and the breakfast was delicious and priced just right. I would buy groceries for lunch and maybe dinner a few days of your trip as the restaurants for dinner are kind of pricey....$25 per adult and $15 for kids, eating off of plastic dinnerware. There are tons of little souvenir shops and you can book little excursions like swimming with dolphins or deep sea fishing. We were happy to watch the waves roll in and out and take in some beautiful sunsets. We stayed at the Casa condominiums and the accommodations were affordable and clean. We will definitely go back.

waco
3 helpful votes
“LOVE THIS PLACE! We go every year as a family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

I have been going to port aransas ever since I was a little girl. This place is a great family vaction!

Springfield, Missouri
6 helpful votes
“What a fun vacation spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2009

We decided to cut our vacation in San Antonio a couple of days short and go to the Gulf. It was the BEST decision ever. We stayed at a hotel within walking distance of the beach. The beach was clean, there was a lifeguard and it wasn't overly crowded. All we had to do was purchase a parking pass and rent an umbrella (next time we're going to purchase our own umbrella, though, because $20 a day is a lot). We found our way around Port Aransas very easily. Shopping was great, they have an IGA grocery store that was very affordable. Of course, there were lots of incredible restaurants (notably FINS) and touristy shops (which I adore). We loved Port Aransas!

DFW
2 helpful votes
“After 30+ years of vacationing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2008

I hate to say it, but this year will be my last time to vacation in Port A. My family (20 + of us) have been going to Port A for over 30 years, over the past couple of years we all noticed that the town has changed and the service at restaurants, stores and the overall attitude of the locals has gotten terrible. You cannot even go out for a drink at night with the adults in the family without being harrased by the locals. We are not a wild and crazy family, we still take my Mother and Aunt (both over 70) with us. We were basically told by a bar tender (Virginias on the Bay) that we weren't welcome. I guess they forgot where most of their $$ come from during the peak of summer.

1 Thank CXM39

Been to Port Aransas? Share your experiences!