Gulf Shores Condominiums
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$109
Hotels.com
Plantation Suites(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$124
$115
Hotels.com
Days Inn Port Aransas TX(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$99
Island Hotel Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$110
$107
Captain's Quarters Inn(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$99
$97
Travelocity
Amelia's Landing Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$92
$109
TripAdvisor
All reviewsunits facethe kitchenliving roomnice pool and hot tubgreat beachbeach chairsview of the oceanget awayfamily vacationbalconycondogulfsandconveniencedunes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here for a week in April & couldnt have been happier.Unit 604 is in very good shape & well equipped. The beds were very comfortable & the sound of the ocean will definetly have you sleeping well. Our original unit req'd balcony repairs & we got bumped to another unit at the last minute but we sorted it out with the management to everyones satisfaction. Its a nice quiet location , stop at Port Aransas IGA for groceries on your way & the place is like home. Common areas of this complex are due for an upgrade & the baggage carts need solid rubber tires but this is an excellent location to decompress. Highly reccomended.

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank N M
GSResort, General Manager at Gulf Shores Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for your very kind words about Gulf Shores Condominiums. I am glad you were able to "decompress" and relax during your stay here!
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We take an annual trip to the beach with a group of friends, so I got a chance to see several condos. The ones on the 2nd floor look right out on to the beach. And if you get an end unit, you have both ocean facing and bay facing balconies, which is nice if you want to sit outside for sunrise and sunset. We stayed in 508 which provided a great elevated view. It was recently remodeled and is beautiful. King size bed in the bayside room, and two twins or larger on the ocean side. There are windows all across the ocean side. Has a long balcony with seating for 6+. We were up every morning to watch the stunning sunrises over the ocean. Beautiful. The condo itself was classy. It has 3 large flat screens, coomfy chairs, wi-fi, large new fridge, 2 bed/2 full bath (one with water jet tub). The location is about 5 miles south of the town of Port Aransas. The beach is easy walking distance from your room. My only negatives are that the shower water pressure is not so good and it would be nice to have a port-a-potty on the beach near the condo. I will return.

Room Tip: Be sure and review the rooms online. Quality can vary. End rooms provide a bayside and beach side balcony. Second floor rooms make it seem like you are on the beach. Upper floors give a wider view. Loved 508.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AustinKim
GSResort, General Manager at Gulf Shores Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

I am very happy your enjoyed your stay in 508 while you were here. We hope the next time you visit your stay will be just as enjoyable.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed in unit 604 over spring break this year. And its true it s just a hop and half a skip to the beach. The condo was beautiful, updated, clean, the most comfortable bed ever!!! My only suggestion for familes, is don't go during spring break. We were told it was a quiet beach, not all the partying of other places. And that was true, but drivers on the beach have no respect for families on vacation. While my family and I sat out in the middle enjoying a fire, there was room for cars, lots of room to either side of us, I was nearly hit by a truck full of drunk teenagers. What was more upsetting was the Mgr, Cindy, asking me "why would have a fire out there on the beach when the roads were all stopped up and people were driving the beach? And you're not supposed to have fires" Ummmm because we paid $700 for our stay there, there was already a pit dug by someone from the night before and because Julie in the front office said we could. AND it was our first vacation at the beach. No one told us to expect to get run down while on the beach, nor did we expect the heavy beach traffic, no one advised on where to have a safe family gathering, and they should have. We were completely caught off guard just trying to have a nice family moment at sunset. it didn't seem as though the safety of me or my family was important, to the rowdy teenagers on spring break or to the manager. But that honestly is my only negative thought. More protection for families who purposely stay away from the party areas. The beach at night is dangerous and it shoudn't be like that. And if mgmt knows how reckless the beach drivers are, they should make a point of informing their guests. We will most definately return. I was proposed to on the night I'm speaking of, actually just moments before the truck of drunk teenagers came by. We will return for a beach wedding and most likely every year for family vacations. Again, just NOT during Spring Break.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Rachel R

Thank you very much for your "awesome" review! I am glad you enjoyed yourself and we look forward to your next visit. Thanks

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We recently stayed at this condo complex in unit 506. The "closest to the beach" claim they make is true! We were only 30 seconds away from a dip in the ocean. Unit 506 is beautiful and comfortable. The owner has put a lot of thought into the casually-elegant feel of this unit. It is well-stocked with cooking supplies and has nice art. We were with several other couples, and everyone gravitated to 506 for meals and socializing. This complex has a friendly feel that is not stuffy like some others we have tried. We will be back!

Room Tip: The end units have private balconies on both front and back. Go to the website for photos and virtual tours to choose your unit. They are all different.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer T
GSResort, General Manager at Gulf Shores Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and the nice comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
We hope you return soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I tried to reserve Gulf Shores unit that I liked so my wife and I could watch the election returns in private and, of course, it was booked! As far as I can tell it is the ONLY unit booked on November 6th. Anyway, I went to Trip Advisor to see what units were recommended and was stunned at the barrage of negative reviews, so I decided to add a comment.

We have stayed with friends at Gulf Shores and, therefore, have not personally booked a unit, so I have no comment on management, but I can tell you what I know. The condo facility itself is great, with a nice pool and a twenty second walk to the beach. It also seems to be quiet and family friendly. As far as the units themselves are concerned, again I can only comment on what I know. My friends booked a second floor end unit, #209, that made me feel like I was at the beach and that was totally private. If I'm going to stay at the beach, I want to feel like I AM at the beach, not at my own condo. Unit 209 seems to be unique, with an open floor plan and eclectic, fun, smile producing decorations. If you are interested in Gulf Shores, just go through the photos of the units and the virtual tours, and you will see what I mean. Anyway, I DO recommend Gulf Shores. My experience has been nothing but positive.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Chaz P

Thank you for your kind comments. The management team works for our guest's satisfaction
at all levels. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.