“The Best Vacation and Accomodations”

BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“The Best Vacation and Accomodations”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel was excellant and so were all the people that work there. The lady that cleaned our room for the five days we were there was so pleasant and did an excellant job of cleaning our room. Her name is Rebecca. Everyone needs to take a lesson from her.Over all we had a very pleasant stay. The whole area inside and out was neat, clean,well taken care of. We will be back as we have the last five years.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Houston
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I just spent 4 enjoyable days here. The rooms are nice with flat screen tvs, mini-fridges, and microwaves. The motel is located within walking distance to the nice, clean beaches of Port Aransas. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. The continental breakfast was above average with Texas shaped waffles, biscuits and gravy, fruit, yogurt, cereal, bagels, muffins, and of course, coffee, tea, and juices. There was also a nice-sized swimming pool with pool-side towels. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I usually ask for a downstairs room because of impaired mobility, but otherwise I'd probably say...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeannine77055
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2012

From the moment we checked in to the day we checked out, this hotel and staff made mine and my husband's 30th anniversary wonderful. The staff was so accommodating and the room we had was very comfortable and roomy. We had requested housekeeping to come to our room and take care of something and they came within minutes. Very efficient and was very friendly when they came. Took care of right away.
If I had to point out anything negative, it would be that the chairs in the room were not very comfortable. They were too small for my hips, so we had to either sit or lay on the bed or bring in our chairs we brought for fishing to watch tv. Also, the breakfast would have been better if it had other breakfast meat other than boiled eggs to eat. We are trying to watch our carbs, and the only protein item was boiled eggs. I also had lapband a few years back, and I can't eat too many breads and carbs. The waffles, toast, and biscuits did not work early in the day for me, although they looked wonderful! I would have liked to have seen sausage or bacon and maybe scrambled eggs at least one morning we were there. While the beach was a short driving distance, I would not have wanted to walk to the beach; however, there were many souvenier shops we were able to walk to.

Overall, we have definitely found "our" place to stay when we visit Port A again, and I am hoping this will be soon. I will also definitely recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gail H
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here (husband + 2 boys ages 4 and almost 2) for 2 nights before the Labor Day weekend and we had a great time. The room was comfortable and clean and the continental breakfast was better than any other Best Western hotel I've stayed in the past.
Easy check-in and check-out. And they called to check on us within minutes of getting into the room. A very nice touch.
Staff was friendly, beach is within walking distance and we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TheRsTexas
Houston
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in June with 2 couples in 2 rooms. We had been looking for a nice place at the beach for 2 days that was not a budget buster, and chose this one based largely on Trip Adfvisor revews. We liked it then, but forgot to post a review.

So my wife and I returned again in late August because we enjoyed the previous visit. The hotel is an older property, but the owners have really kept it up to date and in great condition. You can really tell they work hard to make it first rate. The free full breakfast is very good, and the staff are all very friendly and helpful. If you need something just ask and they will try to do whatever they can for you. We have stayed at Port A 2 other times, and the other places were good too, but this one is better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HoustonRobert
Cleburne, TX
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and two boys (ages 4 and 10) the week of August 20 and we were HIGHLY impressed with this hotel! Check in was smooth and all of the staff we encountered was friendly and helpful! The room was large and clean (we had two full size beds and there was a table and two chairs, small fridge, and microwave.
The pool was great and overall the entire property was nice. They had an excellent selection for breakfast...waffles, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, cereal, bagels, danish, muffins...) They kept the items stocked constantly and the area was clean. The breakfast area was large and there was plenty of room even when it was busy.
My kids loved the game room area! they had a small lego table, foosball, and a few arcade games. they also have a wii in there but we did not use it.
The walk to the beach was a bit long with my 4 yr old...it was exactly 1/2 a mile from our door to the water.
The hotel is close enough to walk to just about anything!
We highly recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: we have 2 kids so a ground floor was perfect
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mtfrost81
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The hotel was decent for us for the 2 nights we stayed and well within our budget. Accommodating and convenient to the beach. (the beach is walking distance if you have nothing to carry) Front desk is very friendly and kind. Continental breakfast is a nice perk. Just traditional foods; hot&cold cereal, pastries, pancake&waffle maker, some fruit and yogurt. Only protein available was hard boiled eggs though.
Overall, an average hotel. No major complaints.

• Stayed August 2012