“Best place to replenish your spirit!”
Review of The Beach Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
The Beach Lodge
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
“Best place to replenish your spirit!”
Reviewed November 6, 2010

My husband & I went for first time & took our chances with this place because we wanted to be on the beach but didn't need fancy. Sooo glad we did and we enjoyed the simple laid back atmosphere, friendly locals & great menu offerings. The friendly waitress remembered our beer of choice & kept us supplied. The price was right too!! Rooms are simple but all you need! We will go back!!

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank Phissie

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Converse, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I have been here 4 times now and this is the most laid back and friendly place to stay. We had the South Texas Pot Boil for 2 and could have fed an army! It was excellent. Loved the people staying there at the same time that we did and really enjoyed their pets. Those of you looking for 5 star digs with room service, this is NOT the place for you. Please leave it to those of us that are looking for a peaceful, friendly place to stay with or without our pets. Do yourself a favor and have one of their frozen Mango Margarita's YUM-O..... The sunrise on the Upper Deck is something to see!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank popoke55
Blum
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Well, to let you all know I am the first person who ever put the Beach Lodge out on Trip Advisor. It wasn't here to I put it out here and posted pics. So, as you may know I have been to this place many times and have seen the Lodge grow and improve over the years. Again, it's a simple place, laid back, relaxing, nothing fancy but just the nessessities. Feels like home. We arrived on Sun Aug 1st around lunchtime. We parked out back and walked in to the restraunt to get checked in.So excited to be there after a 6 hr drive. Well, our check in did not go smoothly. Took forever just to get noticed. there is a new girl by the name of Trish that works on the weekends. No smile, No Hello No welcome to the beach lodge. she just looked at us and kept on walking. After waiting for what seemed like a lifetime, Deb an old familiar face finally greeted us. It was nice to see her smile and be waited on by her at the restraunt for the rest of our week stay. We made it to our rooms. Due to our small budget for this trip we opted for one of the smaller rooms and I mean TINY but it has all the things you need, Cold Air, Shower, Toilet and Soft Bed. No room for anything more. the TV is to small and hung to High but we had our larger lap top with us to watch movies on so we improvised. the paint was fresh, a bit sloppy down towards the bottom but who really cares anyway. the shower stall was new as was the toilet. but, like I said we paid for a simple room. Note we went there for our 25th wedding anniversary. I could have gone anywhere but I told my husband I wanted to return to the beach lodge. I had talked to Sam several times on the phone before our arrival. He is new to the beach lodge only been there 6 months, walked in off the beach looking for a job and was hired. He is now the customer relations person for the Lodge and works the restraunt bar area at night. I was lead to believe after many conversations with Sam that we would be upgraded to one of the New Larger rooms upon our arrival. That did not happen, now I have been in customer service relations for over 17 yrs. You just don't do people that way. We finally met him face to face on our 2nd day of our stay. He seems like a nice enough guy, he tells you what he thinks you want to hear. Problem is he has no real authority to make decisions. You want to like him because his demeanor is nice and he is outgoing, he just has NO follow thru and that is a real down fall. You can't really help but like him, but you just don't trust his word. We'll see if he makes it thru the winter there. We saw some old familiar faces Rick the general maintence guy was there as he has been for years. He has done some great improvements to the Lodge. they removed the old fencing in front of the pool and built round tables around the beams. Nice touch. And little wood awning over the windows. good job Rick. Nicky is still there as well, always smiling and let me tell you he cooks the best breakfast and is dedicated to his job and the Lodge. He does a little bit of everything. I watched him clean pool every morning and in afternoons. he Kept the fish called wanda handy. I had read from an earlier post that the pool was dirty and murky. Well, from my observation during the week. the Lodge can only do so much. the hotel guest and restraunt guest need to do their part as well. I watched as guest came in straight from the beach with their beach toys covered in sand. they did not use the outside shower provided just jumped straight into the pool to rinse off. Note: perhaps the outside shower should be more visable or perhaps a sign indicating that there is an outside shower would help. Another hint to the Lodge: Lock the pool gate!! Give only hotel guest keys to get into the pool area. So, the pool well the lodge tried. We enjoyed it, we hung out under the shade in the breeze way most of the time. The newest waitress Anna, was a breath of fresh air. she is a bit timid but a hard worker. Each morning we ate breakfast over looking the ocean as she waited on us. I felt sorry for her at times as she was the only one working. another area that I was disappointed in was I loved the chips and guacamole they used to have now it comes out of a bag. simple solution. We made our own. Nicky explained why no real alvacados anymore. It's like everything else. Cost keeps going up. We got to see chuck the owner on our third day. When he saw us, he made us feel welcome and at home came over and hugged us both. Was nice to see him. The night of our 25th anniversary we opted to stay at the lodge and eat there. The burgers were good as they always are and HUGE!! Sam comped our dinner that night said " dinner was on him since he couldn't do anything about the accomodations" nice jesture of him but still irritated me some since all the new rooms upstairs were un occupied all week. The rooms upstairs are the newest additions. Big rooms, some 2 bedrooms, nice flat screens, big bathrooms just NICE!!! but pricey. We normally stay downstairs in room 12 I think. It is also one of the new rooms, big and lots of room. But like said before we were on a budget. All in all we had a great trip, relaxing. Your vacation is what you make it out to be. this place is great if your not looking for anything fancy. No maid service, don't go here expecting the Holiday Inn or Marriott or even the Motel 6. Because it is just a laid back place with down home people. It's a place to forget the real world. You sort of rough it if you stay in one of the small rooms, the big rooms well that's another story. I've had both experiences. I think of this place as sort of the last BEACH real BEACH getaway you'll find. don't expect much and look at the bright side. Take the time to get to know the people like we did Rick and Nicky sat with us in the morning and afternoons talking about how the Lodge has changed over the years and from what I have seen it has. hopefully rick, nicky, deb and sweet Anna and Chuck will be there for awhile. Sam, maybe if i ever get to really know him:) All in all, good food, live entertainment this trip on Thursday and Friday texas country music. Nice touch I thought. chuck, if you ever want someone to come down an work, help out give me a call and I'll be on my way. My best to all my friends there at the lodge. keep the place homey and dont treat people differant just because of what room they are in. yep, I noticed that too. Anyway, love the lodge. I'll be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank LBooker
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We made a reservation for two nights after reading several "positive" reviews. After we checked in, we noticed that the advertised pool look like a toilet, cloudy and nasty, and the decks were crap we rotted chairs and "barstools". This place is a complete rip-off from the get go. I don't mind "no frills" but this place is way beyond that. The ONLY thing it has going for it is location. Right on the beach, and that IS IT.

Check out my pictures.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank lanceclaytor
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I love this place it was awesome. We stayed in one of there newest rooms. I don't remember i think it was room 24 I know the room was looking down at the pool. The room had flat screens tv's . It had to bathrooms and 5 beds that were so comforable like sleeping on clouds. The price was pricey. But we needed a big room for the whole family. The whole staff was aweome. Only thing is we needed know about the hot water. They turn it off until the room is rented. we didn't know but we told the manager and he was happy to turn it on. OH yeah don't use use your blow dryer in the bathroom or you'll blow the breaker out. Well I learned on that one. BUt, it was great. We will stay there again again. Food was great.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank maddymarissa2009
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2010

This is definitely not 5-star accommodations; if staying in your room and ordering room service is all you want to do, then this place would never be for you. But, if you are looking for affordable, kid and pet-friendly accommodations within 100 yards of the water, the Beach Lodge is perfect. It's a laid-back, casual atmosphere where nobody minds if you sit on the deck outside your room, sipping margaritas and playing guitar until late into the night. My 9-year-old loves it there. This was our second year staying at the Lodge for our family vacation to the beach. It was relaxed and relaxing and we will definitely be back next year. Staff member Sam is da bomb!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank nwofford
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Although we didn't stay @ the hotel we ate here every night of our trip. The food was GREAT and you couldn't beat the price I had 3 beers, 3 shrimp baskets, 2 margiritas all for about 40 bucks. We were waited on by 2 diffenent people during our stay and both were very nice and personable i have never seen shrimp so big. It was a very nice peaceful spot right on the beach not the fanciest but by far the friendliest.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple