“Wow What a Venue, Restaurant / legendary Bar” 5 of 5 bubbles

Back Porch Bar
Ranked #31 of 79 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
corpus christi, texas
“Wow What a Venue, Restaurant / legendary Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2009

Service was friendly casual Texas best, food was prompt, Entertainment Was Outstanding !

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Texas
“Manager Jennifer is rude!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2008

The other week a group of friends and I went to the Back Porch Bar to have a drink before dinner and and just relax a little. We all had to pay a cover charge cause of a band that was playing which was all fine. I paid for everyone and the bar manager brought back the change i held out my hand and in a nasty tone she said you can't have your change until I give it to the door man, and he can give it to you. So after that we proceeded in got a table and we all sat down. We waited and waited and waited for someone to come and get our drink order. So one of the guys in our party went up to the bar and was placing our drink order and this jennifer women looked over and yelled "your out" So she threw us all out and said we were no longer allowed to come back to the Back Porch.. This was not my first time to the back porch and that will be the last time..... But the group that was with me this was there first time. I think the back porch needs to hire a new manager and kick this one to the curb.

4 Thank portababy
South Texas
“Don't waste your time or money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2008

Stay away from this place. The management is a joke. They have no crowd control and over-populate the small outdoor patio. You can't see the band or hardly hear them. We had a VERY bad experience. After you pay your cover charge, if you leave the bar, they can decide at will whether to allow you back in. Some of the people were saying that they left and when they tried to come back to the bar they wanted to charge them again and more than the original cover charge. The bar encourages you to leave the bar and go buy food at Woody's (next door) and yet as the crowd gets bigger the door person begins to decide who can get back in again...based on "your smile".

The owner came to our table and got confrontational, after the owner's husband promised us a round of drinks to make up for humiliating two of our party that had paid and left and tried to return.

This place is a joke. The bathroom facilities were terrible. There were only two toilets in the ladies room and one of them wasn't working.

Don't waste your time and money. They have good live music but terrible ownership and managment.

2 Thank Tchwawa
Houston, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite bar in Texas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2008

My family has had a vacation place in Port A for the last 24 years, so I've been going there since I was pretty young. I cannot say enough about this bar. It's my favorite on the Texas Gulf Coast, if not in Texas (I've been to more than a few). If you are looking for a relaxed Port Aransas bar, this is the place to unwind, smell some salt air, and relax. I always look forward to stopping by anytime I am on the island. It sits right on the harbor, so you can enjoy a nice cold beverage and watch the scenery and activity at the harbor. Guides and charter boats dock in the area, so you'll probably see people hauling in their catches for the day and proudly posing for pictures. It's the perfect place to have a drink after a long day of fishing, a sunny day at the beach, or watch the sun go down. It's a laid back and open air bar, so please don't complain if you are looking for a swank lounge and A/C. They have great live music on the weekends, especially some Texas Country acts, so it's a great place to start out your evening. The service has always been good and there is always a nice crowd on weekend nights during the summer. Ask for a pina colada (yum!) if it's not too busy behind the bar or a Corona fully dressed.

1 Thank TXTrvl24
Lake Jackson, Texas
“Fun atmosphere, great live music!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2007

We were at the Back Porch Bar last weekend to see Darryl Lee Rush play, which was an awesome show! If you ever get a chance to see him play, DO...you won't regret it! Check out his website at [--].

The service was great and our waitress Julie kept the beers a' coming. The only reason I gave the BPB four stars was that the drinks aren't cheap...our tab was $70! For that price we should have been a lot "happier" than we were.

But overall, the BPB is a great weekend night hangout. Close to good restaurants and all the hoppin' spots. We will definitely be back.

1 Thank TxAggieGirl