“Music, sea breeze, relaxation” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 76 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American, Pub, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Driftwood, Texas
“Music, sea breeze, relaxation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Back Porch is a great place to have a drink outside and enjoy live music. Very casual atmosphere, so throw on flip flops, shorts and a t-shirt and you are good to go. Feels like it should be in a Jimmy Buffet song. It can get crowded so don't expect a romantic atmosphere; be prepared to get to know the people sitting next to you. Heard the place was just sold; hope they don't change it!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank 2thfairy89410

sun
“The essence of Port A”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Can't beat the Back Porch for lots of activity. Locals, tourists alike all flock to the this outdoor bar on the pier at the water's edge. Beer's cold, service is great & you can't beat the fresh air, live music and a dolphin or two swimming by. Doesn't get much better & always on my list when in Port A. Great new outdoor furniture this season too!

Only one question ~ since when does a beer brewed in Texas become an 'import'? Seems like a lot of places in town consider an in state brand to be an 'import' when it comes to pricing. Gotta admit it's worth the extra buck but 'import' come on...

• Visited October 2012
Yukon, OK
“Our Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Port A is definitely a world class drinking town. And our favorite place is the Back Porch. They have great music and any kind of drink you want. Next door is the Harbor Grill and it has the best fish sandwich on the island.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Alan W
texas
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This bar has a wonderful atmosphere and probably can make you any drink you want. Great ambience watching the fishing boats come in. Lots of locals and tourists alike. Its outdoors so can be hot but definitely a place I would go back to. One of our favs in Port A. No food at bar but available next door.

• Visited August 2012
Cibolo, Texas
“Bartenders aren't chick friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband & I arrived just as the band was ending at midnight, but decided to hang out because the marina view is great & it was a nice night. The crowd was starting to depart, but when we first arrived the bar was still pretty busy. I noticed all female bartenders so I told my husband he ought to order the drinks. Sure enough they got his drink order a few minutes later. We sat down for a while & by 12:40 we were ready for round 2 for drinks, considering there were only a few people left & the bar was dead so I went up to order. I stood at the bar for 8-10 minutes while 3-4 bartenders walked by me numerous times, avoiding eye contact. I even told one I needed a few drinks when she got a minute. I used to bartend so I know how it is, but there was no excuse for them ignoring me & their poor service, it wasn't busy, I was polite & not belligerent. The only thing I can think of is they don't like hot women patrons. Tr another bar.

Visited August 2012