“disappointed the second time around”

Seashell Village Resort
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The first time we stayed here in November 2010, it was a great experience and we paid the off season rate. The second time was not. People were partying at the pool until the middle of the night. I don't have a problem with people having a good time, but quiet hours are 10 pm and these were little kids screaming, splashing, and making noise until about 2 am. We stayed in the King Suite both times, but they moved the unit from the 3rd floor to the second floor and this unit is not as nice and does not have the same view. Also, housekeeping did not lock our door one day so our unit was unlocked and we were gone for 6 hours. The locations is good - close to the beach and to town. For the price, I would expect more.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lesley C

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We went the 2nd weekend in November for two nights; and although we were not surprised there were not a lot of people; we found our room to be clean and peaceful surrounded by a few snowbirds, whom were friendly; we barbequed right in front of the pool, and then got in the heated pool; my husband and I had a nice romantic getaway, there is a Stripes store walking distance and the beach is also walking distance; they have a recording studio that must be sound proof for sure, cause we were watching TV right across from them and could not hear a thing; and there was a country band playing that night. There is also a lot of souvenir shops a couple of blocks away. This was the perfect place; and the staff was friendly as well. We will definitely return to the village...Thank you for making our mini vacation memorable in a good way!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at Seashell Village Aug 16 - Aug 20th. We had a great time! It really is like a little village and the kind of place I look for when I go to the beach. Each building is a little different in paint color and architecture so it makes the overall experience very quaint and homey. My BF and I were in King Suite in Bldg. 700 which is right behind the pool. Everything was nice and clean upon check-in. The furnishings and decor are up to date and very comfy. The king bed was VERY comfortable. The kitchen has all full size appliances and is very nice. Dishes and cookware for basic meals. Coffee maker, dishwasher detergent, paper towels. Pretty much everything you would need. Really enjoyed sitting out on our porch and having coffee! I think all of the rooms have some porch area with chairs. The pool area is very nice with two pools, plenty of chairs & tables and grills for cooking out. I really like that there were also some partially covered areas for a little shade. And the pools were very clean. The beach is maybe a block or two away. We drove because we had chairs, cooler etc. The beach is great. You can park on the beach but in a restricted area which I prefer to beaches where people can actually drive on the beach. There is only one grocery store on Port A, the IGA. We just bought stuff for breakfast and some snacks, etc. The prices may be a little higher but there are other grocery stores in Corpus if you need to buy a bunch of stuff you can stop on the way in. For such a small place, there are lots of good places to eat in Port A! Back to Seashell Village, this is a really nice place to stay. The grounds are beautiful and well kept, the management seems to care and it shows! I recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

second time here and was very pleasant. spacious rooms with full kitchens. a couple of blocks from beach. it has aged a bit since last time we were there, but it was still delightful. semi private decks for each room. made it easy for use to use our bicycle. i would recommend this place to friends. rooms VERY clean, bed comfortable....plenty of pillows, nice towels and quiet.

Room Tip: if you have bicycles, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I moved to Corpus Christi and found a "home" at Seashell Village Resort, while we looked for a permanent place to live. We had an extended vacation for about four months here. Martha, manager, and her daughter, Jill, are a customer oriented team! The village is just that -- off one of the main beach streets -- it sits nestled back among palm trees. The staff is friendly and professional. The grounds are beautifully tended. The suites we stayed in had a bedroom and full kitchen. It came stocked with everything we needed with which to cook or clean. Plenty of grills on the grounds, so steak, grilled shrimp or fish is delicious. We met some really nice couples and people, mainly Winter Texans.

I became ill and wound up in the hospital (and two-week coma) a week after we checked in. I cannot tell you how grateful we are to Martha and her entire staff. They stepped in to help support my husband and take care of our dog while I was in ICU. Amazing! Angels all around us! THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY ON PORT A. It's within walking distance to the beach, restaurants (Try Jay's Seafood & Spaghetti), boutiques, gift shops, and Coffee Waves (an island version of Starbucks) that is out of this world. The only drawback was during the off season, the village expanded its pool and picnic areas. Our condo was right across from the pool, and the sound of jack hammers all day was grating; however, we've toured the facility lately. The construction they did was well worth it -- just wish we hadn't been directly across from it. But Martha made a way to accommodate a longer stay while I recovered. The pool area is breathtaking with covered lounging spaces, as well as a warm and cold water pool.

Room Tip: Loved #202. It allows dogs and is on the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LisaAinsleyMc
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here recently and overall we enjoyed our stay. We stayed in a village #2 that did not have a full kitchen just a microwave and small refrigerator. A few comments to point out is the outdated small 19" television in our room was not working properly and there is no bathroom counter space. The other 9" television in the living area did no justice and you could hardly see the screen from across the room. So maybe the televisions were meant not to be used since your supposed to be at the beach- I'm guessing. There is a yellow patch on the wall that looks tacky and could use some white paint. Considering its a beach hotel, the room was clean and the staff was very friendly. On the first night we were there we noticed a family having a barbeque underneath a small pavallion near the pool, we then saw them again in the same spot on Saturday afternoon and yet again Saturday night. I don't know if its on a first come first serve but It would have been nice to use the area for barbeque with the kids if we only had a chance. Lastly the parking spaces are very limited. We came back from the beach on Saturday night and there was a lady standing on parking space holding it for her husband to park from another location. It took us 20 minutes to find a parking space. My husband and I have stayed here before and we will stay here again. Great location too!

Room Tip: If you want to cook stay in a room with full kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is our 3rd stay at Seashell Village and we absolutely love this place. We have stayed in 3 different units and have been 110% satisfied with each one. The location is perfect to the beach and restaurants and the atmosphere is spectacular. I like that they added a 2nd pool. I recommend this place to everyone thinking of traveling to Port Aransas. We will be staying there again next year for vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012