“Read the reviews and DO NOT STAY HERE!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Corpus Christi / Port Aransas
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
“Read the reviews and DO NOT STAY HERE!!!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

By far THE WORST place ever for the money. Paid a total of $516 for four nights Monday thru Friday and this should be more like a $39 a night. They say non smoking rooms however the smell in here is do bad it gave me a headache and I'm traveling with an 18 month old so I imagine this isn't good for her. Carpet is disgusting with stains. There's no vent in the bathroom so heat and smell just linger. There's no hooks or racks of any kind anywhere. Not even in the bathroom so you can't hang wet towels or your clothes. Six channels on tv. You can't regulate the hot water so you have to be careful not to scald yourself or in my case my child. They have a coffee pot in the room however there's no coffee and they supply you with thin plastic cups that will melt with the heat. The beds itch. Don't know if it's from the sheets or bugs or what. Bath mat inside tub had filthy rings of dirt and is no longer the color blue that it should be but dingy brown. It's fine for this place to be as run down as it is but not for over a hundred dollars a night. I've stayed at holiday inns and Hampton inns for a lot less and got a ton more. I wouldn't be so upset had I not spent as much money as I did to enjoy a vacation that I'm clearing not because this motel is so disgusting. If you're looking for hotels in port a make sure you look at hotels on mustang island and read the reviews

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Becks3009
abviportaransastx, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn - Corpus Christi / Port Aransas, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad that you chose the ABVI Corpus Christi for your stay recently.

We also note the review and apologize for the inconvenience.

We are taking immediate actions on the smoke issue, amenities and cleanliness of the rooms.

Do visit us again and feel the difference.

Hotel Manager.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
BC
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The room I stayed in had cockroaches and smelled musty. Tried to use the coffee maker and crud came out of it contaminating my hot water. Floor was undulating. Towels thin. Staff were not friendly when I checked in and were indifferent to my complaints the next morning.

The only reason I staying here is because I arrived into Port Aransas late at night and it was the only place open at the time.

Avoid this place -- do not stay here if you can help it. Not worth the money and was disgusting. Spend a few more bucks and get some value for money, which this place is not!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank BC1234
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the ABVI for your recent stay.

We see your review with observations and appreciate it.

We shall immediately look into improving all the points you have mentioned.

We shall also take actions on improving the overall cleanliness of the rooms.

Please visit us again.

Hotel Manager.
Azle, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed here one night extending our trip to the beach. (We had stayed somewhere much nicer for a week) This place gave me the creeps - old furniture funky carpets. I can't believe we even spent the night. Don't go here!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dRicheyJune2011
rubenreyes, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Corpus Christi / Port Aransas, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
I am so sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay. We work hard to make sure that all of our guests feel at home when they stay with us. I invite you to come back so that we may show you that we do understand the true meaning of customer service.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Oh my god. Stay away this hotel is filthy dirty found used condoms in drawer. Dead bugs all over. Towels were thin and like sand paper. Management is unresponsive. Someone knocked on door looking for someone at 3 am. This hotel not suggested for anyone who does not carry a hand gun. Pool however was crststal clear. Look elsewhere this place sucks hands down.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank HOTELGENIUS1
I do apologize for the fact that you did not enjoy your stay we have talked to our staff and have asked them to make sure to look in all of the drawers of each and every room as they clean them. I hope that you return, and stay with us so that you may see that I do empathize with your complaint, and have acted swiftly to resolve the issue so that it never happens again.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This is the worst place ever. The attendant was rude and obnoxious. The place was dirty, don't let the picture of the pool fool you. You have to walk across the street to get to the pool and it was very dirty. DON"T STAY HERE!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mery25
I have read your complaint and have talked to my staff about your issues, I have asked them to pay closer attention to their work. I also noted that you used the swimming pool across the street from our hotel. For this I also apologize, I will make sure that my staff explains to out future patrons where our pool is on the property, so that they do not erroneously use the swimming pool that sits across from out hotel.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The towels were very thin. They didn't provide hand towels. I had to ask for more toilet paper - they should have just had an extra roll in the room. It would take 20 minutes to walk to the beach from here, so we drove. It was advertised as close to the beach. There is one grill to cook on for the whole complex. They do have a nice clean pool. The ice machine is too small for the complex.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mee07
rubenreyes, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Corpus Christi / Port Aransas, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
I am so sorry to read that you did not have a pleasant stay I have asked my staff to make sure that all of our rooms have enough toilet paper rolls and towels. I invite you to come back to your home away from home, and ask that you give us the opportunity to show you that we understand the true meaning of customer service.

DFW
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Loved it! The rooms are very clean! If you're spending your day at the beach, why pay for fancy hotels? This jewel of Port A is a great value! All appliances worked just bring your own dishes and coffee supplies. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and like the room, in good shape. I didn't get a chance to dive into the pool but it was sparkling clean and inviting! A/C was cold and felt great after a day in the sun. What more can you ask for? I highly recommend. The management was very nice. I can't wait to go back! #215-Shannon- Thank you Davis and family/staff for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and wanted to let you know how much I value you and all of my guests, and look forward to seeing you again. I also wanted thank you for your kinds words in your review.

Davis