Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Beachcomber(Port Aransas)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Port Aransas Inn(Port Aransas)
View Hotel
Alister Square Inn(Port Aransas)
Kingfish Courts(Port Aransas)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Sea Breeze Suites(Port Aransas)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskhi expressyogurthot tubhot itemswould stay againthird floorfridge and microwaveoutdoor poolsmall roomfree breakfastbreakfast staffbreakfast arearent a golf cartoff seasonliving roomwe've stayed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2007

This is a fairly new hotel and it showed. Hotel was extremely clean. Had a large King room. Holiday Inn Express's new bedding, towels, and shower heads are great! There was even a "night-light" type light in the entryway and the bathroom - great for those middle of the night trips to the bathroom! Heat/AC was by electronic controlled thermostat on the wall, just like at home, instead of the hot-cold, low-high knobs you have to play with to get just right. Staff was very courteous and friendly. If I had to pick one thing for improvement, it would be that there was no hot food on the breakfast. All in all, a great place to stay. I will definitley go back if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2007

This is a very nice, new hotel. It is very comfortable, however, there are some problems. #1: I would never recommend that people vacation in this town (at least in the winter). There is NOTHING to do. #2: The plumbing in the hotel can be heard in your room even if it is not in the room above you. #3: The jacuzzi was inoperable during our stay. The water would not heat and the staff didn't seem too concerned about getting it fixed.
From what we saw in the rest of the town, this looked liked one of the nicest places to stay.

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank Moje
Reviewed January 22, 2007

We stayed at this hotel over Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend in 2006. I just wanted to say that this hotel is great for booking last minute trips to the beach. It's only about 2 blocks from the beach, and it's close to town. They have a great continental breakfast that is very filling. I was happy that they had skim milk since hardly any places seem to offer it.

This Holiday Inn also offers a "family suite." Basically, there is an area separated by a wall with bunk beds and a TV for the kids. It was nice to have the additional privacy without having to pay the extra cost for a seperate room.

After our first trip, I left my most favorite pillow in the hotel room, and I realized this halfway back to Fort Worth. I called the hotel right away, and they had housekeeping set it aside and the mailed it back to me.

Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank TxLisa
Reviewed December 28, 2006

The hotel was clean and still seems new. The breakfast was good for a two night stay, cereal, yogurt, bagels and pastries etc. We had a kids suite and our 2 year old was very happy in the sponge bob decorated room, although it was very small. He liked having his own DVD/TV with cartoons.

There were some downers though. The main one is the noisy fridge. When the motor is running it seems loud, and then when it stops it gets worse, like a chorus of frogs croaking. Even though we had items in there, I was forced to turn it off to get some sleep. Also the pool was out of order, as was the microwave in the breakfast area, we had to heat our 11 month olds food in our room.

If it wasn't for the dreadful fridge, I'd probably score higher. I imagine the one elevator is a problem when they are full too, they really need two, esp when it goes out of order!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank hcage
Reviewed November 29, 2006

We chose this hotel for the kid suites - kids have bunk beds with their own tv in a separate room (no door or window) off the hall between the bathroom and the main bedroom area. Their area seemed a little cell like but our kids loved it and we loved having some semblance of privacy and being able to let them watch cartons all the time without us having to. Excellent bathrooms. Very good pool. Easy walk to the beach. Breakfast was the usual for this kind of hotel. All in all, very family friendly and we had a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Texastrips