Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We paid $240 a night for a Queen beds suite with microwave and fridge. Room was pretty cool (temp) and normal for such a high traffic area. Bedspreads and sheets were updated, flat screen tv's in both rooms. Do not expect ocean views!

2  Thank MrsBoss1
sandersbay, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and would like to apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We will definitely look into making our breakfast area a better experience.
Sincerely, May Sanders

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Booked through a third party using airline miles, so can't even remember the price. Called right away and spoke to a very nice front desk person who put us on the first floor and next to a family with whom we were traveling. No buckets for our kids as another reviewer mentioned, although I saw a bunch behind the desk the next day (maybe they save them for weekends or rewards travelers?).

Pros - the pools are great! Salt water pool connected to a wading pool and there is a hot tub next door. The kids loved it. Only a minute drive to the beach - buy a parking pass from the Stripes next door for $12.00 and it is good through the calendar year. Good breakfast with lots of options. Our room was clean and cool.

Cons - the staff seemed overwhelmed. Housekeeping said they would supply us with fresh towels and they didn't so I had to ask the front desk. The towel rack at the pool was usually empty. I had to ask someone at the desk to turn on the pool lights one night because somebody forgot. I asked a front desk person where to get raw oysters. His response, "I don't like seafood." Thanks, that was very helpful. There is what looks like an outdoor shower head for rinsing off, but none of the staff knew how to turn it on. One would think that any hotel this close to a beach would want to encourage it's visitors to rinse the sand off. Oh well.

Overall, my complaints are minor. Enjoyed our stay. If we choose a hotel next time it will probably be this, although I am going to look in to condo options.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and also see that we could have made it a great experience. I apologize for any inconveniences you encountered and hope that we will see you again so we can make your next stay a problem free stay.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Planned a quick trip to Port Aransas for 3 nights. Went with Tripadvisor hotel reviews as they had awarded this hotel an award and all the reviews were great. So I paid almost $200 per night- retail. The hotel is very rundown, has bugs, toilet didn't flush (maintenance person not at work), the hotel management offered no other accommodations (room change) whatsoever. I told them we would only stay the first night and they refused to cancel the next two nights- then I provided information about my reservation and finally they agreed since I was giving them 24 hour notice. I have pictures and someone on the hotel staff even told me they did not blame me for complaining.

1  Thank Richard B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Richard B,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

I am very disappointed to hear that your stay was not what you expected. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and as such, I apologize if you didn't find some amenities to your liking and if the level of service provided didn't meet your expectations. We deeply regret the negative experience and impressions you may have had.

I assure you that we take every comment seriously and your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The Hotel is nice enough to stay, but the location does not justify the price. It is a long walk to the beach or to any attractions. The view from any room is a parking lot. Check-out was less than desirable.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Glen C
sandersbay, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us we hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This was a really nice surprise. I looked around for a last minute room in Port Aransas on Friday for the Saturday and this hotel was one of the only one to pop up. I am really glad that I took their last room. It is an amazing room and only two blocks from the beach. They have a nice pool and an even better breakfast. I was expecting crazy partiers but if they were around, I didn't hear them. Good times, good beach, great room and walking distance to a lot of things. I would stay here again, only wish we had a balcony.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Bcyarnall

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. It always put s a smile on our face knowing that we made someones stay a happy experience.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great Experience from the time we checked in till the time we checked out.Will most definitely stay there next time in port aransas close to beach and shops the front desk people were great the lady stocking the breakfast bar was the best i ever seen thank you Holiday inn

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
sandersbay, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

We would like to thank you for the wonderful review you posted regarding your stay with us. We hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Property is beautiful and clean upon arrival the general manager provided all 5 of my children with sand toys and sunglasses! When we go back we will only stay here! Thank u for the amazing hospitality!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Jenniferecollins
May S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank You very much for the wonderful review you posted about your stay with us. It's always nice to hear that we were able to give you a memorable experience. Hope we see you again soon,