Sea Breeze Suites
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$164
$149
Island Hotel Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$150
$145
Hotels.com
Days Inn Port Aransas TX(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$131
Captain's Quarters Inn(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$140
$126
Amelia's Landing Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$115
Plantation Suites(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
$156
$145
$217
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmultiple restaurantsnice pooldogcondoutensilsstove
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My mother, sister and I stayed for 2 nights at Sea Breeze with our 3 dogs. Checking in was a little difficult, as they wouldn't allow for us to split the room payment between us. It all had to be payed for by the person who booked the room, and could not be paid in cash. This was not explained to me when I booked the room over the phone, but was handled easily enough. Our stay was fine, however the towels provided were in terrible condition, and we had to take the used towels to the office to exchange for clean ones. The exchange was met with a sour attitude, and a request for clean sheets was met with utter disdain. The real issue occurred after the trip was over, and I checked my credit card statement. An extra $100.00 charge was added to my card that I had not signed for. When I called the office, Shelley the "manager" was incredibly rude. She explained that she charged the extra $100.00 to my card because she saw that I had 3 dogs. This would be fine with me, if that was the agreed upon rate to begin with, however it was not! The website says $50.00 pet charge per stay. Also, I asked when booking the room how much the pet fee would be for 3 pets, and I was told $50.00. Again when I checked in, I asked and was told $50.00. I signed the credit card receipt for a $50.00 pet fee. Shelley then just took it upon herself to charge my credit card an additional $100.00 and not even mention it when I checked out. After I saw the charge, I naturally assumed it was a mistake, and called to attempt to get it corrected, at which point Shelly was incredibly rude and insulting. She said that the $50 PER PET fee was listed on the website. When I told her that it was not, she simply yelled, "well it should be!" She refused to reverse the charge, which left me having to call my bank to have it taken off. I had to change my credit card info, as she obviously could charge my card again. This was a huge hassle, and the customer service provided by Shelly was the poorest I've ever received, not to mention that what she did is ILLEGAL!! I would seriously advise against staying in this hotel, unless the management changes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank cassgillock
Shelley B, Manager at Sea Breeze Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

While we pride ourselves on being one of the only pet friendly properties in town in Port Aransas, we have rules that must be adhered to, for everyone's safety and as a duty to our owners. Nice dogs are welcomed here, however, there is a fee per dog, which is $50 per pet. While it may have been missed on the website, we will not allow any guest to bring 3 dogs and had we known that up front, we would not have accepted this reservation. Since the guest was already in house when the herd was discovered, I decided to charge the additional pet fees and not the hidden pet fees, Every confirmation email states this policy. This guest used our linens for her pets use, allowed the pets to roam free on the grounds and in the pool area, (never allowed!!) even running down our maintenance man! Aggressive dogs are never allowed at Sea Breeze and I believe all our pet owner guests appreciate that we enforce the rules. Towel service is offered in the office for this reason...we don't want to be attacked by a pit bull when servicing a condo! Common sense prevails when keeping our guests and employees safe. I stand behind my decision for the charges, however, they could have been more, or eviction could have resulted.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. While I agree, the property needs upgrading,
it still it ok to stay there.
The toilet seat did not fit the toilet, however, the room was clean and
the pool well kept. Beds were ok.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The desk clerk here was fantastic. She bailed us out when we found out that we had made our reservations at another hotel for the wrong dates. Our original lodging was completely booked, and we were stranded in Port A with two small kids and a dog! She not only got us a pet-friendly room on a moments notice, but helped book our incorrect reservation at the other hotel with another guest so we wouldn't loose our deposit! She also offered help and advice when we had car trouble.

After a botched reservation and a broken car, we would have been happy with just about anything - but we were thrilled. The rate on our room was dirt cheap for what we got. Clean, spacious, tile throughout, complete with a stocked kitchen (full sink, dishes, full fridge, toaster oven...) and the back patio opened to a courtyard with a very nice pool area.

Nestled between the beach and some great restaurants, this place is in walking distance of a pier and a gas station. This was our first trip to Port A, but our second will be here (hope we reserve the right dates this time).

1  Thank Erin163
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed August 17-21 at this somewhat deceiving condo. Yes, they are privately owned condos that is managed for rentals. It was very cozy, and nice. Everything was clean, orderly, and well kept. The kitchen area has granite counter tops, and full sized appliances. We stayed in a King Deluxe rooom with a futon as well. Did not have to request anything from the office, except clean towels on Day 3. No daily maid service, or 24 hour staff, however, it was not needed. They are very accomodating, helpful and offered up a big dose of Texas hospitality. It was very near the beach, shops, and restaurants. Has a nice pool, that we did take advantage of .Could use some routine maintenance on the pool, but still ok. The only other suggestions I have is it needed a real trash can that is not apint size one, like in the bathroom, and a shade over the window that blocks out the morning sun! It came in like gangbusters! Overall, we had fun, and will definitely consider this again on our next venture to Port A! If you would like your toes in the water and rear end in the sand, this is ideal.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor over a wonderful view of the beach!
2  Thank JCntex
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Very nice desk clerk. Within half mile of beach. Near best restaurants. View best on 3rd or 4th floor. Elevator a plus. Quiet lots of plants around pool. Does accept pets which most port a places will not

• Stayed: August 2012