“Clean, affordable Port A Motel”
Review of Beachcomber

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Beachcomber
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed at the Beachcomber Motel for the first time over Thanksgiving 2012. It is a very small property but we really liked that aspect of it. We kind of felt like we had our own private place. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable.
The kitchen was fairly well stocked which is unusual these days.Outside of each room is a small patio area which we made the most of. We appreciated the fact that we were by the beach but also within walking distance of the convenience stores. I even walked to the IGA for a few groceries and it took less than 10 mins to get there. This is an older property and does need some work done to it but that can be said for all of the old places on the island. The one downside to our room was that the people staying above us had children who woke up at the crack of dawn. It sounded like they were practicing for a footrace at 6:00a.m. Thankfully they left the 2nd day of our stay. Another item to be aware of is that in some of the rooms the bathroom is only accessible by going thru the bedroom. This was not a problem for us but could be for some groups.
If you are expecting a high end hotel you will not be happy here but if you want an affordable, clean place you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs room if you don't mind the stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank grstexas

Reviewed October 31, 2012

When staying at the Beachcomber you really do get what you pay for. The price is great. I am a little late in writing this review, but we stayed there in July during the busy (read expensive) time in Port A.

The cost was cheap for the area and the location is great. This place honestly has seen better days and was pretty old and run down. That is not to say that it was not clean or well maintained. It was clean and everything worked, it was just really old and worn. There was a hot tub and an above ground pool, but we did not check either of them. I did see families using them so I assume they were in working condition.

For us it was perfect though. We really only slept there, our dog was welcome, and it was nice and quite at night. We were on the beach till dark, would shower, go for a late dinner, go to bed and repeat.

I would stay here again. I don't want to hang out at a resort, don't need room service, and would rather spend my money having fun and eating at good restaurants. So, like the title says, you get what you pay for. For me that was a clean reasonably priced place to crash at night.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank j98me2
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Not terrible place to stay. But u have to be at certain end of room for wifi and there is absolutely no boat parking. Parking is really crowded. Not a bad location. Beach is close. If u are like us and don't spend a lot of time in room....then this is fine. Pretty clean and comfortable. But also feel like you have to clean it spotless when u leave or will be fined.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Frogs6974
Reviewed September 4, 2012

After two visits to the Beachcomber Motel, I highly recommend it. It is clean, close to the beach and very inexpensive. This is definitely not a fancy place, so hotel snobs most likely will not be pleased, (older furniture/appliances/structure), but if you are looking for a casual, clean family place, this is it! Additionally, Melissa & Julian offer excellent customer service!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Niki C
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel since I was young and with my parents. Now I am married with a little one of my own and I still LOVE it! This isn't some super nice rich place, but if I'm at the beach, this is exactly what I'm looking for. A nice, beach cabin feel. Everything works, everything is well kept, and the service is awesome! I will continue to stay here as long as they are open! Super close to the beach and downtown! I love you guys, see ya soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle N
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here with my two adult Children. I couldn't believe the condition of this place.
We stayed on the second floor and I wasn't sure the stairs woould hold us. uneven and tripprd almost every time i went up. Very dirty carpets,nasty walls that need painting. My daughter cleaned the whole kitchen with cleaning whipes we brought. Dirt in all corners, yuck.
My bed had sandpapper sheets. This place needs paint and a good cleaning.
I will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dabodden
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Went to Beachcomber mid-August, just before school starts again. Melissa (one of the family member and owners) was very cordial and friendly. However, if you have never stayed at this property there are a few things you need to be very aware of BEFORE you lay down that deposit. The location is great, a very easy walk to the beach. The property itself has seen better days, and is very worn. DO NOT EXPECT this to be on par with your typical Holiday Inn or even a Motel 6...not even close. Expect old appliances, worn carpet, old furnishings, etc. Think mobile home park regarding clients, furnishings, etc.

All I want in this review is to set your expectations. I can tell you that for about 30% less money there is a great Days Inn about 2 miles south that is newer, cleaner, roomier, and just as close to the beach.

Port Aransas Beach itself is great and family friendly. You can load up, drive down to, and park right on the beach. Sure beat lugging all your junk down there on your back or in a wagon. Beach parking permits are only about $12, and sold at most local stores.

Enjoy!