“Good breakfast”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited for breakfast on a Friday morning. We were greeted promptly, served quickly and the food was good. The pancakes are huge!

“FINDING ANOTHER OPTION FOR NEXT YEAR”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We came in to eat breakfast this morning before leaving Port A after vacation. We were greeted and asked for drink orders after sitting at the table for about 20 minutes. Once those orders were taken, it took another 20 minutes to get said drinks. It took a very long time for our food to come out, and it was missing a gravy. We also experienced a spill, and the man who was bussing tables cleaned it up halfway. He didn't get any off the floor, and he didn't even really finish cleaning it off the table. Very slow service overall. The waitresses were nice, but they were not fast. They were even responsible for checking people out too. It was crazy. I won't be going back.

• Visited August 2014
Fritztown
“Great Breakfasts and good down home food”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We love this place for Breakfast and just regular meals. Prices are pretty good. Atmosphere is just down home diner. Great for families.

Visited July 2014
Adkins, Texas
“good home cooking”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We visited on a sunday afternoon for lunch after check out when most people were waiting in line to board the ferries. This was a good decision, as there were few diners. The cafe has some very old pictures and newspaper articles displayed on the walls that depict what life on the island was like over the past century. The waitresses were friendly and we even spoke with one of the cooks about past visits to the cafe in it's old location through the years. My chicken fried steak was very good, and tender enough that I only used my fork to cut it, no knife needed. My wife's chopped steak was tasty, juicy, cooked just right. We both had baked potatoes, as well as salad. I really liked their thousand island dressing! My teenage daughter had a cheeseburger and fries. While not anything spectacular, it was a good sized burger with plenty of fries, which she really enjoyed. Everything we had tasted like homemade, not processed or tasting like the freezer. I can't say that anything we had was "the best ever" or such, but all of our food was delicious, served in a timely manner, and we were in and out smoothly before our trip back home. No complaints!!

Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We went there for breakfast - the toast was cold and stale. I ordered my eggs over easy and the yolks were completely cooked and cold. The cinnamon roll my daughter ordered was burnt. The staff just went through the motions. Don't bother going here - go to Frankie ' s instead.