“Worst service ever”

Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 5, 2014

After 45 minutes and no food we threatened to leave. But we left with food in styrofoam because we had to pay $40 and couldn't stomach the place. Latecomers left and right were halfway through their meals. Lunchtime on a Saturday, but there were still plenty of empty tables, so go figure.

Should have left after examining the pedestrian menu, but we had ordered our waters.

Or maybe they should put a sign on the window: Minorities to the end of the line.

1  Thank samuel w

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I had breakfast here this morning. It took about five minutes for the server to even acknowledge that we were sitting there and when she did she quickly placed menus in front of us and said that she'd be right back. No "what can I start you off to drink with?" Or any of that business. She came back after helping another table...no worries that's her job after all. We got our drink and food order in at once. Our food came and let me tell you FROZEN FROZEN FROZEN. Nothing was fresh on my plate other than the pancakes. I'm not usually hypocritical when it comes to frozen foods because even though I prefer fresh over frozen, some items can generally taste alright frozen. However, given how much we ended up paying just for breakfast, we both left pretty unsatisfied. The hash browns were super salty by the way. Unbearably salty actually. The service here really lacks and is definitely not anything to write home about. We never got a refill on either of our drinks. Also the register where you pay is in the way of the front door. As you're standing there trying to pay, people are trying to come in the door and you're in their way. You never get a ticket either. The server gives a "ticket" to the cashier and now that I think about it I never even got a receipt. Could have been overcharged for something as much as our total was but I have no way of knowing. This was our first time eating here and cannot say that we'll be back.

1  Thank Ashley900812
Reviewed March 1, 2014

When we are in Port Aransas, we usually eat breakfast at this café. Great home cooking. Omelets and eggs are done right and they have sourdough bread! There breakfast is usually good and inexpensive. Have not eaten any other meal there.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Stopped for some pie and coffee in the afternoon. I had coffee and peach pie and the wife had hot tea and bread pudding. It was good. I thought my coffee was cold so the waitress quick as a wink made a pot. That was hot.

It is a nice place, a mom and pop type. I guess the locals eat there a lot. I don't know as it was slow in the mid afternoon when we were there.

The place has a happy hour when the coffee is free if you order something. I think our bill was seven bucks.

Yeah, I would do it again...no problem.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Our first visit was for lunch and the fish and chips were fantastic, large portions of fish and perfectly cooked. Our second visit was for breakfast, and the breakfast was just average, I had the eggs over easy, hashbrowns, sausage and toast, my wife an omlette. Service was just OK with the waitresses spending a lot time sitting at the table next to the kitchen rather than walking around with a pot full of coffee.

My wife's memories of the fish and chips caused her to pick a to-go order and she wasn't disappointed, Same quality and volume as in restaurant service with plenty of tartar sauce and cocktail sauce.

Atmosphere was definitely not corporate, more typical of a small town cafe.