“Back again for our second anniversary...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Sea Gull Condominiums
round rock, tx
“Back again for our second anniversary...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2009

This is our 5th time staying at the SeaGull. We came to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. We have enjoyed every stay here. The staff has been so helpful. Check-in is a breeze, they have great reccomendations for places to check out while you are on the coast, and they always put us in a great condo.

We were married on the beach behind the Sea Gull and love to come back and reminisce. If you come here during the off season not only will you find a great price, but the hotel is so quiet and relaxing as well.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a quiet, unique, clean getaway.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mrsdrury

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2008

I have to add my comment in response to some negative reviews I noticed. My family has rented at the Seagull since the late 80's - probably 20 or more stays in all. We've NEVER had a bad experience. Over the years seen the staff cooly handle situations ranging from power failures to a freak tornado which came right through the property (broken glass; family moved to an unaffected unit; no problem!) This place is perfect except for the lack of a proper fish-cleaning station... (but you can take your catch and sneak over to the SandPiper next door - they have a beautiful gazebo-style screened fish-cleaning set-up!) But here's what's great about the Seagull: in all the units, you are right on the beach in a well-appointed living space with a balcony set up for a truly great view. If this is what is important to you, consider booking the ultimate experience in the three-bedroom units high up in the building - the ones with numbers ending in "5". Those floor plans are V shaped with balconies looking north toward Port Aransas AND South toward Packery Channel. The glass walls of the living rooms in those units open on to both views so you can take in the whole beach front of the entire island. You and your family will feel like kings of the world! Sorry some guests have had these strange experiences - nothing remotely bad has ever happened to us. Can't wait to spend January 2009 in unit 1205!

• Liked — Close beach proximity, spectacular views, clean well maintained grounds, beach, great fishing
  • Disliked — No fish-cleaning station
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2008

Our family vacation was a total sucess at Sea Gull!!! We were booked for another property on Mustang Island, and upon our arrival we were told that they had over booked and we no longer had a room. I was nearly in tears as we had traveled almost 7 hours to get our vacation started. We drove a little further up the road and found Sea Gull. Even just driving up to the entrance lifted my spirits - the landscaping is gorgeous! The ladies at the front desk were wonderful and so friendly to me and my family. They worked a little magic and were able to fit us in. Our room was beautiful and the view was breath taking! Coming back down through the lobby to get to the beach we saw the sign up for KIDS ACTIVITIES!!! My three kids were thrilled - and when they are happy, I am happy! They had so many activities to choose from each day and Ampy, the activities director, was so friendly. My kids were so proud of their painted t-shirts and all of their crafts to take home as souveniers of our best family vacation! We love Port A and we will make our return trips to Sea Gull. This is the place to go in Port Aransas if you have kids! And great for the grown ups too! A special thanks to all of the staff at Sea Gull for being so friendly and helpful to us - we will definately be back.

• Liked — The view and the kids activities
  • Disliked — no complaints
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2008

We rented condo #201 at Seagull.

Room- Our room was very nice and well taken care of. We reserved it on VRBO from the Janovyak's. Really Great Room.

Staff- The staff was totally useless. They seemed put-off at any little question. You couldn't get the front desk girls attention. There were 2 female employees standing right by the entrance smoking, as we were trying to leave. The smell was gross and they were totally oblivious to the fact, that they were employees and represented the Condo.

Awnings- There was a big yellow sign as you exit for the boardwalk that said the awnings (coverings) were on a first come first serve basis. When the staff showed up to unlock the awnings at 9:15am (not 9:00 am as posted) they just began setting them up for anyone who had chairs setup on the beach. We ask them about the first come, first served policy, but they 7 yrs old, I doubt anyone was gonna lie. Some who waited didn't get one and others who showed up late and set up chairs, got one.

Noise- While the Condo did a good job opening and closing the pool on time, the noise was a little ridiculous. People running up and down in front of the rooms at all times of the day and night. The beach siren malfunctioned @ 6:45 in the morning. And continued to go off intermittedly until 8:00am. The were working on the boardwalk, and so the sound of drills began at about 9:00 am, which totally sucks if you're trying to sleep in on vacation.

Overall- The place just looks run-down...not taken care of. For the price they charge, it should be nicer. I haven't been to the Mayan Princess or the Port Royal, but they seem nicer just driving by.

Beach- The access and view of the beach is the one plus of this whole trip. It is easily accessible and beautiful.

AND YES THERE IS SEAWEED EVERYWHERE...NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO.

• Liked — View and Beach
  • Disliked — Dirty, rundown and OLD!
1 Thank broshane
SW Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2008

My family of 4 stayed Saturday through Wednesday. (July 12-16)Once again the Seagull provided us with a beautifully appointed room. 608 was one of the most gorgous condo's I've ever seen. Creamy tile flooring throughtout the entire Condo, felt so much CLEANER than carpet. The kitchen was state of the art with black appliances including a side-by-side refrigerator with ice and water through the door, a smooth-glass-topped oven and of course a dishwasher. The countertops were tiled with an attractive dark tile. The dinning area hosted a beautiful wooden table with slate inserts and wrought iron and wood chairs. The bar stools were the same wood/iron composition. A huge flat screen T.V. was centered and complete with Surround Sound, VCR, and DVD player. There were nice T.V.'s in both bedrooms.
The Master bedroom was beautiful decorated with cherrywood furniture. A king size sleigh bed, nightstands, chest of drawers and a beautiful armour. The second bedroom hosted 2 full-sized beds which allowed the kids to really stretch out.
The only complaint we had was the only time we had housekeeping come was every day around 5:00 to trade us out towels. Of course we really didn't need anything it just seemed strange.

• Liked — Location, so close to the beach!
  • Disliked — Nothing....loved it all
1 Thank okfarmfamily
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2008

My husband had to go to Corpus Christi for work and took My son and I with him. We went to the beach several times in the 2 week period. Then my dad came home for R & R from Iraq and him and my mom met us in Port Aransas. We decided to stay on the beach and we were going to stay at Port Royal because I looked online and thought it was beautiful. Its very misleading. I was so disapointed by the outside that we didnt even bother to look at the room. So we went a little further down and found the Sea Gull. The room was beautiful. The view was beautiful. The walk to the beach was very short. I loved everything about it. The front desk was very nice also. I would definently recommend it. The pictures do not do it justice. We loved it even with it being rainy and foggy!

• Liked — access to the beach!
  • Disliked — Its 10 minutes from town. Which didnt really bother me.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2007

My family and I stayed here for Memorial Day weekend and it was great! Every room has a view of the ocean, and you don't have to pay more for it like you do at the Port Royal! The seaweed was pretty bad on the beach, but I think our stay was during a peak of 'seaweed season.' The pool was nice and not as crowded as one would expect from Memorial Day weekend, but there were a few bugs in the pool that were gross. The maids cleaned the room daily and we had no problem with towels! I will definitely stay here again, it was very relaxing!

The only negative aspect is that the hotel is a 20 minute ride from the city, so if you would be going in to town a lot, you might want to reconsider this hotel.

• Liked — the view!
  • Disliked — bugs in pool
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Island Hotel Port Aransas
#3 of 19 in Port Aransas
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Aransas
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi Padre IS
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpu...
#21 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Plantation Suites
Plantation Suites
#5 of 19 in Port Aransas

Been to Sea Gull Condominiums? Share your experiences!