“Great beach stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Sea Gull Condominiums
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We recently stayed at the Sea Gull in room 507. The condo was beautiful and clean and had everything you could possibly need. The management and staff were very helpful and accommodating. I had to make a last minute change to my reservation and the front desk was very nice. The pool and hot tub were very relaxing after a day at the beach. Canopy's were available for free and were set up by a nice kid waiting to help anyone who came down the boardwalk. I have nothing negative to say about the Sea Gull. We will be back!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Myself and other guest currently stayed at the Seagull and were wrongfully accused of cracking a window. The manager is incompetent and handled the situation without following protocall. We were unaware of the crack and if we had done it, we would have said something to staff about it. The manager told me she would contact me within 1-2 days so that we could discuss it. She never called and then there was a charge for almost $400.00 on my card without my authorization. I had to call them twice. She did not try to contact me until after she charged my card, it was through e-mail and it wasn't until after I had called the first time. The pictures she attached of the crack don't show a date or time, nor do they show the condo (how do I know it was our condo?). I have gone as far as contacting a lawyer for leagal advise in this matter. I also had to contact the management company since the manager at Seagull was no help. At this time we have to leave it up to the credit card company to dispute this with the merchant. While the room was nice and location was great, I will never stay ther again not will any of my friends and
family. What ever happened to customer is always right? Instead this company likes to take the word of their maid staff.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank DGV19
SGMgr, General Manager at Sea Gull Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

The management of the Seagull Condominiums takes seriously the charge of maintaining the integrity of all condominium units, but never at the expense of guests without a sound foundation for doing so. When the unit integrity is violated by a guest and substantiated by facts supported by multiple staff knowledge and statements, the guest is held accountable.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were recent guests of the Sea Gull condos. The front desk lady was incredibly rude and obviously hates her job. The condo was very nice. However, after we checked out they charged us over $350 claiming we broke a window. We DID NOT BREAK A WINDOW!! The pictures they provided as "evidence" were taken prior to our stay and there was different outdoor furniture in the picture than what was there during our stay. I am interested to know how many other people have been charged for that same "broken window".

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank sarah g

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Booked unit 201 through the owner. It is billed as a no smoking unit but the smell of smoke just about knocked us down when we opened the door. The building cleaning staff said they had sprayed ozium in the unit but it was like being in an ashtray. The smell remained even after a couple of days airing it out. Internet was out for two days and this particular unit did not have a wireless router, you had to sit at the kitchen counter plugged in. The building was built in 1982 and does not appear to have been updated since. The unit we stayed in was in desperate need of remodeling. We tired to play tennis on the building's courts but they haven't seen any maintenance since 1982. Another condo building where the owners just want to take the profits and don't put any money back into maintenance or updates.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank RoadWarriorD
SGMgr, General Manager at Sea Gull Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

The Seagull Management and Staff receive consistent high praise from owners and guests regarding the overall services provided to the resort participants. Unit 201 rents outside the Seagull rental program and rents independently by the owner. Seagull Management will contact the owner so he may make the arrangements to address his guest’s concerns as well as his future guests.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

This is the time of the year to come to Port A if you want to avoid the crowds. We figured by the cars in the lot that a maximum of 12 condos were rented for this weekend. We loved the proximity to the beach and the solitude. Rented a two bedroom condo as a one bedroom and had a spectacular view. The wall of windows meant we were looking at the ocean 100% of the time. The condo was updated and had all new stainless appliances and everything we needed for cooking three days worth of meals. I thought it was a bit pricey for this time of the year but we were paying for that view. I wish we had planned a longer trip.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ipickyou
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We stayed in unit 905 which is a 3 bedroom condo in the center section of the building. This also can be rented as a 2 bedroom unit which is what we did. The "L" in the unit number means it can be rented one size smaller. (3 to 2 or 2 to 1 bedrooms.) The unit was furnished beautifully & the kitchen had all the appliances as most home kitchens. My only complaint would be there was no hair dryer. I'm sure I could have gotten one from the staff but since it was raining I could blame my bad hair on that. The location of the Sea Gull is further from town than most condos. I can see where this would be great in the more heavily visited times of the year. Having the pool in the front of the building (street side) means you are even closer to the beach. Out the lobby door & across the bridge over the dunes and you are there. Both the day & evening staff members were friendly and patiently answered all our questions on where to eat & how to get somewhere. We are already planning our next visit to PA and plan to stay at the Sea Gull again.

Room Tip: Units ending in the number 5 will be in the center section of the condo with greater views.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank kftw
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We rented a 4 BR 4.5 bath condo for our family of 8. The room was outdated but the size and location made up for the room. We had approx 25 total guests in Port A for our wedding and all of us stayed on property. Every one had great things to say abt their condo and the property itself. The beach was amazing at the property, the water was perfect for kids and adults who didnt like to swim. Some sat in the water right at the beach with babies (it was only 2 -4 in deep) . It was clean and well kept.
The only problem we had was that we were supposed to have had a beach gathering permit for the wedding, which was not told to us by the property. We also were told by the enforcement officer that we were in Corpus Christi and not Port A , out on the beach. I researched Port A for permit info, OOPS!
Anyway, it was great, awesome views, beautiful pools, clean maintained grounds and very nice staff. The maids- were over the top pleasant, one even came up to see my wedding dress. Very sweet people!
Recommended to all ages and interests.

Room Tip: make sure to look online at the room pics under availability.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family