“Really fresh tacos!”
Review of Irie's Island Food

Irie's Island Food
Ranked #1 of 80 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Irie's Island Food is an extra casual, very small restaurant serving lunch only. Hours of operation are seasonal in this vacation town. We feature fresh handmade food prepared by the chef/owner who is a graduate of the Culinary institute of America. Creative tacos on house made tortillas, Hawaiian, Asian, American/tropical, and international cuisine is offered at our establishment. We also make New Orleans style beignets from scratch, roast our own coffee, and even have creme brulee to go!
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I kept hearing that I had to go here and to check on the hours because they aren't always open. We stopped by and got a fish taco and a fish po-boy. This has to be the best tortilla that I've ever had. This place was soo delicious and quite honestly the best food we had at Port Aranasa. You can't beat quality. Their tacos and po-boys are fresh and delicious.

2  Thank Domfas

Reviewed July 24, 2014

This was our first time to try Irie's and we loved it! The shrimp tacos with the red sauce were worth the wait.

They're only open for lunch and get very busy so be prepared to wait. But just live on beach time and relax and it'll be worth it. The food is really worth waiting for. My wife and I just put in our order and came back later to pick up.

3  Thank OtroDia_OtraAventura
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Visited after seeing great reviews, we were not dissapointed. We were so impressed we went back next day. Everything was awesome. We agreed we would like to try the whole menu. Please keep this the way you have it small and quaint. We will be back.

2  Thank Bazknight
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We phoned in an order for take-out. We had Fish Tacos, Crazy Tacos, Chicken Tacos, Shrimp Spring Rolls, Shrimp Fried Rice, and Creme Brûlée. We took this to eat on the beach and it was fantastic!! It was like Asian/Mexican seafood fusion. Our two college kids and one high-schooler loved every bite, and so did we. Like others, we has read about it online and the reviewers did not lie. Our favorites were the "Crazy" and fried rice!

2  Thank Pablo6214
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were at Holiday Beach and wanted a quick bite to eat, so I called in a to-go order at 11:00am (right when they opened) for a grilled chicken sandwich with a side of mango salsa. Even with the traffic, the total time from ordering to sitting back in my chair at the beach to eat was less than 22 minutes.

The restaurant is in a very tiny building, but don't be frustrated by the limited street parking. There is a large parking lot behind the building. I arrived just 12 minutes after they opened and it was already packed with people. There are only 2-3 small tables inside to sit at, but there are a few benches and tables outside. My food was ready and waiting. It was a little pricey at almost $8 for a single chicken sandwich, but not unusual for beach restaurants.

The sandwich was great. It was juicy, flavorful and on a wonderful homemade bun. Yum! The best part was the mango salsa! I would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank SaletaDBU