“Good fresh food”
Review of Shrimps - CLOSED

Shrimps
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We were hesitant to eat here but were pleasantly surprised. The shrimp were freshly breaded and cooked. The breading was nice and light, not overwhelming. THe fries were also fresh. The food got to the table in less than 8 minutes. The only downside was that we stood in line for quite a while as only 1 person was taking food orders and one person was taking drink orders. This could be easily remedied.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family and I have been visiting Port Aransas every summer for several years. We have tried most of the restaurants at this little resort town over the years. Shrimps, which used to be called something else, is absolutely the worst restaurant in Port Aransas. The guarantee that no one waits for a table. What they don’t tell you is that you wait over an hour for basic fried/grilled seafood dishes like shrimp and fish.

Last weekend my small party of 6 waited in line to place our food order. After the 15 minute wait we found a nice table to sit at. The wait staff gave us a buzzer that would notify us when our food would be ready. 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes and the buzzer never went off. I talked to a handful of the staff (when I could locate them) to see what was going on with our order. I never received a straight answer and never a concern about my party waiting for food. Finally, over an hour and half of total waiting time, our food showed up. It was the worst fried shrimp I have ever had at any eating establishment. It tasted like they were from a box that had been frozen for years. Half our entrees were wrong.

After speaking with someone who could help us (it was a challenge to get to this point), they comped half our meal. Even at half price, the value at this place was terrible. At no time did anyone check on us, ask if we needed anything. It was simply place your order, pay us, then wait, and wait, then leave if you want to.

Do not go to this place. I don’t care what specials they offer or how many tables are open. Food prices at Port A is increased because of the seasonal nature of the area. You can pay far less and get better food elsewhere. Do not let Shrimp’s take you hostage!

2  Thank Ironman09
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The sign said, "Never a wait for a table." Long, slow-moving line, w one person taking orders. We walked in at 8:05, 4 adults, 2 kids. By 9:17, nothing. Yes, we had a table. Nothing. Had to talk to manager. Nothing was done about orders not filled. About 9:45 finally pager went off. Grilled shrimp was fried. Coconut shrimp was fried. Tasteless. Couldn't tell what we were eating. Onion rings were unrecognizable. Shrimp in remoulade sauce was disgusting. Horrible food. Bad service and truly terrible tasteless poor quality food ruined a good evening. The manager offered this--We are re-evaluating our business model. What a joke. Go to Beaches.

1  Thank Grannyofthesea
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We arrived about 2 pm on a Friday afternoon. There were about 2 other couples. When ordering the new cashier was very slow. There was a smell like grease trap Nd a strong deodorizer. I ordered fried shrimp and oyster plate no fries extra slaw, my friend the grill shrimp plat w fries . My order had fries and hers came out w plain white rice.
When I told the cook he asked if we wanted to change to fries( why else would I have questioned the order?) the shrimp was breaded, tasted frozen, the oysters very small with no flavor. The slaw looked old and the cabbage was bitter. We just ate what we could and left. Very disappointing

2  Thank westtexas2