“Yummy- but a little weird”

Winton's Candy Company
Ranked #1 of 11 Shopping in Port Aransas
Louisburg, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Yummy- but a little weird”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

The taffy I purchased was yummy. It was a little weird shopping. All of the candy was out in the open with no cover. Some of the gummy candy was hard As a rock. There were little kids walking around touching inside of the open bin.
We stuck to taffy which was wrapped.

Port Aransas, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Sweetness”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Tons and tons of candy and homemade fudge. Also, their homemade hot sauce is awesome. I always buy a few jars to take back home. This is a great place to take the kids to get there sugar fix for the ride back home.

Gonzales, Texas
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Must go here”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great candy. Caramel made on site. With or without nuts. Always buy some an it never makes it home. Kids fill their bag with all types of goodies. See the "pet" rattlesnake. Take a picture with the cut outs outside. Parking area adequate.

Visited August 2013
Dallas, Texas
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great Caramel”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We went in for fudge but they had run out of their most popular kind "milk chocolate walnut" so we settled with the plain "milk chocolate". We also got a taster of their caramel with walnuts. The first bite was amazing, but after the second I was looking for a trash can for the rest of my taster. Although it was very good, I couldn't handle how rich it was. Random assortment of candy, without lids, I didn't feel comfortable picking through candy that more than likely had been sneezed on, or at least handled by small children, as the counters were at their height. I suggest lids or maybe even a counter so there isn't the chance of people grabbing candy with their hands. If I had come here with children they probably wouldn't have cared and would have begged for everything in site, but I wouldn't buy it for myself.

Visited July 2013
San Antontio
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“You MUST check this place out”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

You've got to get or sample some of their "good" candy. It is amazing. My son and I stopped in for a little after dinner sweet and we found lots and lots of candy to choose from.

Visited July 2013