“" Cold "... Fish Tacos”
Review of Fish House - CLOSED

Fish House
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Went for lunch, asked to sit upstairs outside and were told if we wanted beans and rice on our plates that they do not serve beans and rice upstairs !! Weird !! So since we wanted to eat lunch we chose to sit downstairs inside ... 4 of us ordered ... 2 plates came out cold, husbands plate was missing creole sauce on his fish, mine was missing cabbage and sauce on my tacos, sent back and waited as mine never returned in time to eat with everyone else !

1  Thank Rhonda S

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I came here when all the touristy places were full. The mojitos are great, the fish was well cooked. The waitstaff is very friendly. The only thing I think they may need to modify is to add a few more options for sides.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Food was ok. Shrimp was overcooked and flavorless. Steak was mostly fat. Had higher expectations given the good reviews previously.

1  Thank Staceey
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The fish tacos were delicious. The chicken sandwich was eh. No kids menu.

We were greeted and seated quickly. Our server was ok, not great. The atmosphere was nice. A couple of us order two different fish tacos and all were delicious. The chicken sandwich was boring.

There's a bar upstairs which seemed to be hopping.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We've been coming to Port A for 50+ years, putting up with overpriced seafood or horrible tourist fare. We stumbled onto Fish House - it literally looked as if it were closed - and enjoyed a really fantastic, fresh meal. It's a cute place and the staff was very friendly and professional. I had a fun salad and a fresh piece of grouper with a Parmesan crust over linguine with a delicious interesting sauce. It was a bit rich, but the preparation focused on the food and in a style that the hot new places in big cities are presenting. My husband enjoyed some local ale and spicy shrimp tacos. He did not offer me one bite. But I have to say the show-stopper was a cajun con queso with crispy flour tortilla chips - really delicious and different. We will definitely make this place a regular haunt. It's right across from the coast guard station; cute front porch if you want to watch street action.