“Good food, great service!”

Castaways Seafood and Grill
Ranked #23 of 80 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got fried fish, but I added shrimp and substituted a baked potato instead of fries. My older boys both got burgers. Everything was delicious and my boys said it was the best burger they have ever had. They are teenagers so they generally order burgers as a default meal so I was impressed enough to taste it and they were delicious. We had a great server. A young guy who was great at checking on us and making small talk with us vacationers. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Since we were traveling with our little dog we needed a pet friendly place to have dinner. The place we stayed suggested about 5 different places and we chose this one as it was close and had a covered patio with a breeze. We even parked under a tree:) The parking lot is small and was crowded but we got a spot. We sat on the covered patio and there was no one else out there. The patio has wood picnic tables and a bar area (not open while we were there but may open late night).
One of us went inside to let the hostess know and she brought us menus.
We thought, being the only ones on the patio that we might be somewhat forgotten but not the case at all. Our waiter, Clayton, was super attentive, fast, friendly and even brought our little dog a bowl of water. Thanks! We ordered seafood and it was a good amount. The fried shrimp was tasty without to heavy a crust but the crust wasn't as crisp as I like it. The fried okra was very good and the fries were too. BUT the key lime pie that we took TO GO was unbelievably, decadent and delicious! It even had an artful presentation even in a To Go container:) We will visit again when in the area. Thanks for being pet friendly too:)

1  Thank LAH28
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We arrived in Port Aransas on Sunday evening and chose Castaways for dinner. There was 9 of us and we sat out on the patio. I think our servers name was Jason. He was busy since he had to serve the whole patio but he was very attentive. We suggest ordering a Long Island Ice Tea. It was really good. The food on the other hand was not. Everything was very bland without any seasoning. Prices were a little high but that seemed to be the case at every other place too.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I ordered the coconut shrimp here and they were the best I've had, hands down. I only wish we hadn't ordered the peel & eat shrimp as an appetizer, because I was so full I couldn't finish my entrée. My husband had Jay's Special, which was also excellent. The staff was very friendly and didn't scoff at bringing extras like shredded cheese for my picky toddler. The place did have an odd smell to it, almost like a auto shop, but I attributed that to all of the old boat equipment they have as décor. It didn't take away from our experience though.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

From the front you can't tell, but inside is best service and food I've had at a restaurant in a long time. Our server was spectacular, and the grilled shrimp was the best I've ever had.