“Happy Accident” 4 of 5 bubbles

Castaways Seafood and Grill
Ranked #21 of 79 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
raleigh, nc
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happy Accident”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We chose Castaways b/c our first choice was closed and this had good choices for the young kids. Castaways is EXCELLENT. I had the Jays Special and my husband had a burger. Both were very good and reasonably priced. Will definitely go again.

• Visited May 2014

Austin
“Good place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Had the callimari, it was great. I had the stuffed hallibut and it was great. Not fishy at all. Wife just had fried shrimp and she really liked them alot. Kid got little burgers and she tore them up too. I wish I could of tried there seafood gumbo but they were out. But thats what I get for coming in at almost 9pm on a Sunday. Waiter was excellent. Would recommend.

• Visited April 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were a little surprised when we walked in--sort of looks like a middle-America Mom and Pop family restaurant from the 70s. Service was kind of iffy--we didn't get our drinks until after our salads came. The waiter said there was just one bartender and he was backed up. My husband and I both ordered the Caribbean fish--mine was mahi mahi and his was snapper, with a sauce of cream, white wine, garlic, and tomatoes, all on a bed of really tasty rice. It was delicious! The vegetable was very thinly sliced summer squash and yellow squash, steamed. I thought it was a little blah, but my husband really like it. They were serving some tropical drink in cored pineapples, so toward the end of our meal, our waiter brought us the inside of one of the pineapples--it was the sweetest, juiciest pineapple!

Visited April 2014
Texas
“Decent place to eat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

We sat outside because it was a bit cramped and loud inside. The service was good, food was decent, and the prices were comparable to any other restaurant in the area. The restrooms are in rough shape and need to be maintained a little better.

Visited March 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“Decent mostly local seafood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Nice, casual atmosphere. Jay's special was good. My small kid finished most of his fish plate. My coconut shrimp were cooked well, just minimal flavor. Salad was average, iceberg lettuce type salad, nothing really green in it. Beer prices were good.

Visited March 2014