“If I were a castaway I would want these folks stranded with me......”

Castaways Seafood and Grill
Ranked #22 of 78 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waco, Texas
“If I were a castaway I would want these folks stranded with me......”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We have eaten here a number of times, and have really enjoyed it. Expect to wait, but during peak season Friday and Saturday nights, I expect to wait 15-45 minutes to be seated for dinner anywhere. Our food arrives hot and freshly cooked, and the portions are more than adequate. I have had their stuffed jalapenos with crab, that were just delectable. Salad bar has always been clean and kept up. The wait staff is VERY busy, but are still attentive and as accommodating as possible.

• Visited May 2012

Port Aransas-Houston
“coconut shrimp”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

About once a month I pick up a carryout of coconut shrimp...It's the only thing on the menu I've had..Expensive, but they do a fantastic job of packaging the food...

Visited April 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Nothing Special Here”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Food wasn't all that great and the wait was way too long.

Visited May 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Please don't waste your money like we did!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

We spent $50 on some obviously all frozen food and it was awful. We've had way better meals from Long John Silvers for way less. We were extremely disappointed. The place is old and dirty and they really don't care. We tried the so called salad bar but a fly was buzzing around tasting for himself. Gross! Please don't waste your hard earned money like we did.

2 Thank av1970
Round R
“DON"T GO - I WILL NEVER GO BACK AND COULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I went on Mother's Day and ordered their special. I was hesitant to stay because the restaurant was DIRTY. There were dirty glasses lined up three deep on one end of the bar and a dirty rag on the floor up against the salad bar and the floor was litered with dirt and debris. The salad bar was horrible as the lettuce was warm, as was the dressing. I put some on my plate but decided not to eat it. We were given a table outside but asked to be moved inside as there were bugs crawling across the table. The table inside had just been "cleaned" but there was a large streak of something white remaining on the table top. As I was talking to the waiter, I noticed BUGS crawling in my lettuce. I couldn't stay any longer. We left before our food was brought out - I did let the waiter know we were leaving and he told us we would not be charged. CHARGED? I'm complaining to the health department. I WILL NEVER GO BACK AND COULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!!!!

• Visited May 2012