“Lost our credit card and treated us like s@&$*!”

Virginia's On The Bay
Ranked #10 of 79 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Port Aransas, Texas
“Lost our credit card and treated us like s@&$*!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Upon paying our bill, the poor waitress dropped our credit card through the slats of the flooring- basically a dock since there is water below. My husband was patient until the older manager/owner(???) told him to just order a new one. Ooops. Apparently, he did not understand that in doing so we would have to change many accounts tied into this credit card acct on automatic pay. My husband went out to the car and I handed them another card to pay. The older lady (not sure who she is exactly but have seen her for years there) takes our phone numbers and said they would call if the dock man found it. Sure enough! She called and when I said thank you she slammed the phone down. When my husband went inside to get it she smacked it down on the counter and while he was talking to her and walked off. Really? Who does that. Hope you treat tourists better than the locals because the food isn't fabulous and without the view and tourists I bet you wouldn't be there. I'm sure the restaurant business is rough but that is just bad business. All could've ended better had the lady been able to muster up some niceness.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Jeanie S

“Date night during family spring break!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We got a date night during our family spring break. We wanted seafood and came here. The calamari was awesome & not heavily battered. My husband & I shared the spicy dump, which had a pound of crab legs, shrimp, new potatoes and corn on the cob! Plenty to share and was fantastic. We also shared the bread pudding, which was fantastic too. Great experience! Would highly recommend it. Great service too.

North Kansas City, Missouri
“Fun place”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I've been here several times over the years. it is a great "on the water" bar and grill type place. Their fried shrimp didn't do much for me (ok, not great) but I've had great burgers and my fish loving friends enjoyed their fish entrees. Fun, casual place.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank GraceandPhilip
Port Aransas, Texas
“Good View”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is one place to visit when in Port A, right on the water overlooking the harbor. Seafood is fresh, the steaks are great and even the hamburgers are good. But the atmosphere s the best. Always check out the specials, they use the freshest of whatever was brought in that day. This is also a good place to bring kids, the wait staff is always accommodating of them.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Cyndi C
Lake County, Illinois
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This restaurant was in a beautiful location in Port Aransas, Tx waterfront. Food and service was very good both times we stopped in.

• Visited February 2014