“Great food”

Ranked #10 of 79 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The last beach shack in Port Aransas on top of the wave.
Kyle, Texas
“Great food”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch on a Saturday afternoon. The food was really good. I normally prefer a brown roux in my gumbo, but I may have to change my ways after the red roux gumbo I got here. Crazy good! The service was also excellent. Attentive, but not hovering or overbearing. We sat out on the patio, had a beer, and really just enjoyed our meal. We would definitely recommend this place to friends.

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST FPA”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Had dinner last night - tuna, amberjack, stuffed flounder - they were fresh and prepared as though I was at the Ritz in NY!! The favors were truly refreshing and unique! The tuna had a sesame sauce, the amberjack had a spicey light cream sauce and the crab stuffed flounder came with a slice of lemon! The place is small - sits at most 30 people - but make time to go even there is a wait! Have visited PA for over 10 years and just found this place - going back today for brunch and dinner as they are closed on Monday

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sharron C
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Fish!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Had a grilled Amberjack in a cream sauce that was to die for! We went back for our last dinner in Port A to have it again and we're still impressed. They have lots of fresh fish specials and regular menu items. My husband had a wonderful seared Ahi tuna and was also very impressed. My favorite dinner in Port A.

1 Thank travellingfool78
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Dang good food!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant looking for fresh seafood and thats what we got. Fresh cooked to order food. The gumbo was excellent and the fish and shrimp were just as awesome. Only complaint is the setting is small but it was fine. I look forward to going back.

Brenham, Texas
“Not bad but could be better”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

An interesting variety of seafood dishes are on the menu. We decided on the grouper pontchartrain and the gumbo. The gumbo was good but not my favorite style. It included a very good small loaf of French bread. The grouper was also good but not really great for the $$. The shabby decor of the place takes away from the experience. The beer was really great.