“Best food in port A”

Ranked #10 of 80 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The last beach shack in Port Aransas on top of the wave.
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

To be honest, we pulled up and I said I'm not eating here. I can be a little hard to please sometimes. The food was outstanding!!! I ordered chargrilled flounder and everyone at our table loved it!! It was so good I had to share:) My husband had stuffed shrimp and an order of crab cakes. He was also very pleased with his food. He loved that the stuffing on shrimp was mostly crab. Restaurant is very small but worth the wait. We almost went back the next day, it was that good!!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We come to Port A several times a year and this is HANDS DOWN the best Port A restaurant. This is always our first stop and sometimes we made 2 stops during the same Port A visit. My very favorite is the crab stuffed shrimp. Yum yum....my husband usually gets the seafood platter but sometimes goes for one of their specials. We usually get gumbo to share. We are usually too full for dessert but it awesome when we get it. The only negative comment is the wait staff. This is a small restaurant so the # of tables is limited. When they get busy it gets crazy in there and the the staff gets grumpy and hurried. Every restaurant should remember the patrons....we make you successful.

1  Thank elitegal_13
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Every time we visit Port Aransas we have dinner here at least once and this place never lets me down. I had grilled fish with a garlic cream sauce and it was so amazing I ate every bite. My husband(who rarely eats fish) always orders the blackened Mahi with the shrimp pico on top. We changed things up a bit this time and got dessert to go and I wish I had got my own piece of banana fosters cheesecake instead of sharing with my husband. The balance between the cheesecake and banana was delicious!

1  Thank ChicadelaPlaya
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We really liked the crabcakes and gumbo. Both were excellent. The stuffed flounder was fine, but not as good as the other things we tried on our first visit here. It is clearly family owned and operated with friendly service and pleasant conversation. We will come back!

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

The best shrimp and crab cakes in south texas...I have tried several dishes here all have been excellent