“Fresh, unique and flavorful”

La Playa Mexican Grille
Ranked #7 of 80 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Fairly extensive menu plus a series of daily specials provide many options for Mexican style fish and other healthy dishes. Definitely not Tex-Mex! Have the guacamole made at your table, the Campechana/Ceviche and one of the numerous margaritas. You'll be ready to roll home. Family-friendly. Bring cash... they do not accept credit cards.

Reviewed March 1, 2010

Overall, this was an average experience. The food was good, just not great. The wait staff was excellent, attentive and very friendly. The atmosphere is bright and family friendly, probably just not what we were really looking for.

Reviewed February 20, 2010

One of our very favorites. Fantastic seafood specials, delicious guacamole made at your table, and consistantly Tex Mex.

Reviewed November 26, 2009

My husband and I ate here recently and we both agreed that we'd be back. Great guacamole, great fish tacos, awesome shrimp enchiladas, fresh salsa, etc. A little pricey for what it is, but good. Can't remember the name of the margarita we got (had one too many, obviously), but it was GOOD! Word of warning, do NOT get the house margarita - gag! Order one of the higher end ones off the drink menu. Pricey compared to most Tex-Mex, but it won't stop us from returning.....

Reviewed October 2, 2009

I went because of the good reviews but was disappointed. I got the $13 pepper dish that was a chile relleno wrapped in fajita steak, the meat was gristly and I never thought these words would come out of my mouth "Too much cheese!". I love cheese but this was more cheese than any other ingredient. My husband got the enchilada dinner for $10 and he thought it was pretty good. Also I'm spoiled by our Mexican restaurants in Oklahoma where soft tortillas, queso, sopapillas are all included and every Mexican restaurant on Port Aransas charges extra for everything. Probably would not go back.