“Great food in a noisy environment”
Review of Venetian Hot Plate

Venetian Hot Plate
Ranked #14 of 80 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

A group of us went to the Venetian Hot Plate at the recommendation of several friends. We ordered a great variety of menu items. I started with the polenta-based appetizer. It was superb! My Caesar salad was equally impressive. My pasta was exquisite, perfectly cooked in a creamy tomato sauce.
Unfortunately, as the restaurant filled up (It was a Friday night), it became impossible to carry on a conversation. Way too noisy.
I think I'll stick with Shells Restaurant. I like the food just as well, it's much quieter, and the prices are w-a-a-y more reasonable.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The Caesar salad was excellent. The filet mignon was excellent. The seasoning on the rack of lamb was great, but there was excess fat left on the lamb that took away from the overall taste. Wanted to celebrate a birthday, however, the restuarant will not give a complimentary dessert., only a candle , if you order a dessert.

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Always an amazing food experience with wonderful Linda at the helm. We tried both veal dishes and were delighted! The Cesar salad is a treat..whole romaine leaves with great dressing and anchovies. They have an expansive menu and everything is very fresh. I only wish they would vary the mushroom cut potatoes....maybe mash them slightly for a change??Love the garlic spinach, bread, service and Linda. Enjoy!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Venetian Hot Plate has a good menu and good wine selection. Even on a quiet Tuesday in the off-season the service was outstanding.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We'd heard good things about the Venetian Hot Plate from friends last year before we went to Port Aransas, but didn't make it by. This trip we moved it to the top of our list, and it was really worth it. My husband had the scallopini and I had one of the daily specials, a b-line snapper that was light and delicious. Meals came with a salad and fresh bread, and portions were generous but not overwhelming. We split the creme brulee for dessert, a fine choice. We were there on a Tuesday in October and the place was not busy, but I understand they fill up during the tourist season. It's worth a reservation!