“Our only Port A restaurant this year”

Shells Pasta & Seafood
Ranked #4 of 78 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Hewitt, Texas
“Our only Port A restaurant this year”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were in Port A for almost a week and only ate out once-lunch at Shell's. The food there is really, really good and much more vegetarian-friendly (at most places the only vegetarian options are a baked potato and/or salad) so we can all enjoy a great meal. It is a little more pricey than the average in Port A, I guess, but it's worth it. They are open for lunch and open for dinner so there is no "off time' to go, and they have a limited seating capacity and are VERY popular so plan ahead.
They also will not accept parties larger than 8 people, so if you have a large group Shell's is not for you. Further, the space is cramped and the tables are close together so it might not be a place to take restless, rambunctious kiddies.

Leander, Texas, United States
“excellent food, nice small patio”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The food was great, many options and everything we had was delicious. Olive plate was unique and the mango ceviche appetizer was really good. Nicey cooked shrimp on my entree and the crab cakes were nice and delicate. Best part was that on the patio we could have our dogs with us.

Visited June 2014
Austin, Texas
“Food outshines the service”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I often recommend Shell's to friends that are going to Port A. I have always found the food to be at least very good. Some things are pretty pricey but there are some good options that are not expensive, e.g., the capellini pomodoro. There is usually a wait at peak times because it is small and the food is very good. I was disappointed with the attitude of the hostess on my last visit. We put our name on the list and were told it would be an hour wait. We left and came back in 45 minutes to find that five parties had been seated since our table had come up. The hostesses estimate had been off by at least half an hour. I politely pointed that out to the hostess, thinking she might give us the next available table, but she didn't. Instead she sort of rudely replied, this is a waiting list, not a reservation. I thought to myself that it would have been better to be informed of that before the fact and I really didn't appreciate her attitude under the circumstances. I still like the place and will go back, despite the attitude, but will now be less likely to recommend it to others.

Cibolo, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good but Pricey”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Very small establishment. Go really early or you will wait forever. Pricey. Service was good. Quaint.

Visited June 2014
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Not the same, hotel food at best”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Something has changed here we haven't been here in 3 years. This was our place to go on the last night each time we have gone to Port A. Some basic ideas and flavors off on everything.I feel like someone else is running or bought the place. Each dish we had was bland. The almost good hotel food feel. Maybe it had that I am burning these tourist feel, this all out for profit and no true care for anything else feel. I cant quite but my finger on it but we spent 200 for 4 people. Each of our pasta dishes was overloaded with so much pasta it was almost compensating for lack of basic food knowledge. The Alfredo sauce had no acid so it was just flabby sauce with no depth. Service was ok but we saw some poor service as well. Best of luck. I don't give them much time if each meal is like ours. No reason to ever go back. Wine list is lacking. Paper napkins at these prices is goofy. Find somewhere else to go.