“Ate here twice”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed August 26, 2008

We ate at Shell's twice during our recent trip to Port Aransas. Though expensive (meal for 2 runs about $50-$60 not counting alcohol), the food is truly excellent and gourmet.

On our first visit, I got duck breast and my friend got amberjack. The second time, I got scallops sandwiches with sausage and mint sauce, and my friend got grouper. The fish dishes are more generously sized than the duck or shellfish dishes, so you may want to take that into account when you make your selection. From what I observed, the pasta dishes are huge!

We also tried the salads (huge and very good) and banana cheese cake (great).

I wouldn't come here with young kids, but Shell's is a great place to go for a lovely and sophisticated meal -- and you wear your shorts and t-shirts!

2  Thank Docmarx
There are newer reviews for Shells Pasta & Seafood

Reviewed August 13, 2008

We had a great experience there!! The place is nothing to look at and only has a few tables, but we had great food and geat service. I wish we remembered the waitresses name, she was great and also the only black waitress. They have only 9 tables but 3 waitresses to host, so you are always attended to. We went on a weekday in high season and had no wait for a table. Port Aransas is a very busy place on the weekends in high season and they do not take reservations. The menu is set and there are no substitutions, and it works. They are also open for lunch.

1  Thank ajcobb
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Alamo Heights, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2008

Closest thing to Haute Cuisine on the island. Immaculate food, uncompromising in quality, freshness and preparation. VERY limited indoor seating.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We travel to Port A every year for a week. We dine at Shell's as often as we can. My husband had the grouper this past time and it was excellent. My tuna tacos were awesome! The gorgonzola pasta with spinach is my all time favorite menu dish.

1  Thank raider92
Reviewed July 19, 2008

They graciously seated us a little late. Our educated, informed, and attentive server recommended the hard-to-come-by grouper, which rocked, and the skirt steak with chimichurri was perfectly cooked, although we might have liked the sauce a little brighter. We enjoyed the simple Côte du Rhone, the copious butter, and the patio dining. Oh yeah: it was right across the street from our favorite Laughing Horse Lodge!

1  Thank jjmarcus